Thursday, November 01, 2007

"Come to our house"

We had a great Halloween. It was a normal day until dinner was over. Then we got the kids dressed up and played outside for a couple of hours. The weather was beautiful in the mid 60's. The only thing that lacked was Aaron. He had a mid-term today and so had to spend much of his Halloween night studying for a scary exam.




When I uploaded our Halloween pictures, I found this picture on the camera too. What a sweet surprise. This was taken the day we got home from our vacation. I think Aaron missed Carter, what do you think?





Saturday night was our ward chili cook-off & trunk-or-treat. All the kids dressed up and paraded around the gym before heading outside to get candy.





Olivia and her friend, Conner.





Olivia and another friend, Kristen, grabbing candy.





Our family and the trunk





Olivia and Carter cleaning out a pumpkin





digging in and getting messy





Olivia and her happy (not scary) pumpkin.




Since Aaron had to study during our annual pumpkin carving, I did a simple pattern.





Happy Halloween kisses from Carter




Let's go trick-or-treating



Olivia dressed as a scary witch (she told us she's not a nice witch).





Carter the monkey






Monkey bum




Olivia loved handing candy out to all the kids that were dressed nicely. She informed me that I had to give candy to anyone dressed scary though. Whenever she would see someone dressed cute or fun walking down the sidewalk, Olivia would yell "come to our house!" It was pretty cute.




Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Their costumes were so cute. I loved the pic w/ carter digging out the pumpkin seeds, that is too cute. Olivia is getting so old, she is so beautiful. The pumpkin you carved was very impressive. I could never do anything like that.

Meadows Family said...

ADORABLE! Your kids were so cute, I wish our ward did stuff for Halloween....it sounds like you had a blast!

carrie said...

i love the pics! i can't believe how BIG olivia has gotten. she's adorable and carter too! he seems to have grown so much since you've moved back. he looks darling in his monkey costume. i miss those days...they grow so fast.

Launa said...

Looks like you had a great halloween. Olivia I liked your smily face pumpkin. Olivia I wish you could of come to grandma's door I would have given you lot's of treats if you promised not to scare me. Shayleen the kids looked darling and I like your pumpkin. Love Mom

Corrie- said...

Next year come trick or treating all the way down the street to our house, we'll save the best goodies for your kids! Your Halloween looks like it was a blast!

Cami Garcia said...

Hi, Shayleen! The kids are adorable! They are getting so big. I love all of your halloween pics...too cute!

heather said...

I love the monkey tail! OK I hope you were being sarcastic when you said you picked a simple pattern because your witch was amazing. I haven't ever progressed from triangles and squares.

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ everyone's comments: sooooo cute!!!!!!!!!! I love your kids costumes too, they really make them look even more adorable. The monkey tail is so funny and cute. Olivia is a beautiful witch and I like her happy pumpkin too. You guys always do such wonderful pumpkin carvings. It looks like you had lots of fun for the holiday. That's a great family photo too at the end. I hope Aaron survived his tests-what a bummer of a deal. We enjoyed our ward's party too. Its a good family fun event! Happy Halloween~*

Love, Chelsea