Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My baby girl is FIVE

My little Livy Lou turned five years old today. I finally got enough energy yesterday to throw a fun day together for her. I think I pulled it off...

Olivia has wanted a pet for sometime now. This is Skittles, her new pet (a Betta fish). She already loves it and was found several times today admiring it and telling me what she thought it was feeling as it looked out at her.


We picked up a couple of friends and headed to McDonald's for lunch.



Then we came back home for some cake and icecream. Please don't mind the cake. Olivia was quite happy with it and remember that she did get a nice Cinderella cake less than two weeks ago.


It only took her about ten blows, but she finally got out the five candles (seriously).


Olivia loves friends! I gave her the choice of going to see a movie with one friend or inviting two friends to play...it didn't take her long to choose the second option.


For her birthday dinner, she requested macaroni and cheese "with the shells." I tried to make her eat the peas, but since it was her special day...I couldn't push it too hard.


Then somewhere closer to bedtime, she had more friends over to play with, Daddy got home and we did cake and icecream again.



A proud Mommy moment happened earlier this week. Olivia is beginning to catch on to this reading stuff pretty good now. She loves her Dick and Jane book! I think she may even prefer it to Junie B. Jones ;)
Love you Liv's!

10 comments:

chelle said...

I can't believe she is 5!! Happy bday Olivia. Looks like she had an amazing day. And I think the cake is cute.

Cheril Lunt said...

Madison LOVES her Dick and Jane books too... Oldies but Goodies...
Glad she had a good birthday

kbradley said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!!I want some Cinderella birthday cake!

Katie Meadows said...

Happy Birthday Olivia...I can't believe you have a 5 year old...she is so cute!

Mama D said...

I remember when she was born... Looks like she had a fantastic day! Happy B-day, Olivia!

Corrie- said...

Happy Birthday Olivia! Her cake is too cute and her day sounds like it was action packed!

Lori said...

Happy birthday Olivia. She is so old now. It looks like a great birthday.

Kayla said...

I love that she was talking about the fish's feelings! That's so funny. Happy belated birthday!

J-ME said...

I can't believe you have a 5 year old. She is so dang cute. I love the name skittles for her fish that is adroable!
Hope you are feeling okay!

Chelseanator said...

It looked like a FABULOUS party and day! How sweet and perfect. It looks like everyone had tons of fun. And the cake is great. No big deal. Some years are cooler than others but I still like it a lot and think its still CREATIVE! I can't believe she's 5 also, that is crazy. Wow, she's so darn cute!

Love, chelsea