Monday, December 21, 2009

Can't...Keep...Up...

You may or may not have noticed that I have never gone three weeks without posting before. To be honest, my head spins when I think of all the things that need to get done in the next few weeks. Sadly, it's made me procrastinate more though. At least I am nearly ready for Christmas. In the mean time, nothing big has been missed except for the Christmas excitement from Carter & Olivia. Pictures can't really capture that though. Here is what the pictures have captured...

Carter is a VERY picky eater. More often than not, he doesn't like what I'm serving for dinner and so he has to choose. Cucumber or carrot. He thinks it is kind of neat to eat a carrot just like a rabbit.



Aaron helped the kids put together a gingerbread house. Is it gross that they eat it and think it tastes good?


Olivia's class Christmas party. Olivia was so nice to Carter at it. Wish she would be that nice to him at home ;)
I'm just glad that I wasn't in charge of it this go around.




We are really looking forward to Christmas. Although we don't get to spend it with our families, we have wonderful friends that will share part of their holiday celebrating with us. We also have many traditions that we get to carry onto our children. Those traditions bring back a lot of wonderful memories.
A new favorite quote of mine sums it up...
One of the biggest blessings is when we consider family our friends and friends our family.

We are so blessed to be able to do just that.
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Amy J said...

we will miss you guys! Merry Christmas!

Steve and Jamie said...

I'm sorry you are so stressed out. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Kayla said...

I hope you guys had a nice Christmas! It's always over too fast. I decided next year, I am not cooking on Christmas. We can have cereal.

Lori said...

I agree about the gingerbread house, yuck. It turned out cute. I love that quote, I feel the same way. I have made my friends here my family. I'm glad you have great friends there also.