Thursday, September 23, 2010

Big Blank Wall

Remember this?
No, not the couch. The big blank walk behind the couch.



Filling that wall was a long thought out process...
A lot of different art pieces were considered.
Even more frames were brought home and tested out in arrangements. (I am queen of returns.)
These are the ones that made the cut.


And after my "test products" hanging on the wall for weeks, I finally let Aaron put the nails in.**


I am happy with it!
I wanted something a little different. But I have to have some symmetry.
I'm not even going to paint that one black frame. I know, I live on the wild side. ;)
Gosh, I am SO glad that I hung onto that unfinished Family Tree for so long. I came so close to not keeping it after it sat unfinished for many, many months.
How fun it was to complete it and see how pretty it is all framed.
Each of those leaves has a name on it.


We grew peanuts in our garden. They were definitely the one thing that thrived this year.



Emily and her boyfriend/future husband. Or so she says :)
Carter just loves having her for company when Olivia's at school.




**Yes, I have issues with putting holes in my the walls of our house if it's not to hang something that I really, really like/love. So sue me :)

7 comments:

Launa said...

Shayleen I love it. It really adds to that wall. Good job! It looks great. I really like the family tree Love ya Mom

kbradley said...

Looks good, Queen of returns! I did the same thing with the photo display at the top of our stairs. It takes a little bit to find the perfect frames and order.
I had to laugh about the little girl who calls Carter her bf. There is a little girl here who talks that way about Jordan and he cares less. She's just another friend to him. I don't even think Jordan knows what a girlfriend is. :)

Lori said...

You did such a great job. I love it. You should take a close up pic of your family tree, I really want to see what it looks like. Peanuts are awesome. I never thought about planting those. Yummy.

Sylvia said...

It looks great, and what a great idea to use paper to test it out first! I always make my husband sit there and hold 2 pics at a time as he's leaning across the couch and they're shaking all over the place (you can imagine how much he loves doing it...ha ha) and I never even end up getting a firm idea of what it's going to look like. I am hanging pics very soon in this house and I'm going to use your genius idea!

Amy J said...

I love it! I saw a family tree like that just the other day and am contemplating a purchase :)

Brian and Becky said...

I love the wall! And your peanuts!

Mama D said...

I love how your wall turned out. I'm stealing your paper idea. (I'm the same way with nails and walls, so usually my pictures don't get hung for ages because I'm not sure how I want them...) And I'm jealous of your peanuts.