Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Camping 2011

We got to go camping this past weekend with some great friends of ours, the Anderson's. This time we camped near Red River Gorge, KY. We had a great time and I know our kids did because we hadn't even been home for six hours before Carter began asking when we could go again.



We can never avoid mud when camping. And who would want to when it provides so much entertainment? Haylee laid face-down in it more than once.





This was an awesome "sand box" right in front of our tents.




Priceless




We even had a couple of lakes near our campsite that the kids got to cast some worms into.

I was told that the worms I bought were probably too big for the fish. Luckily, Carter got lucky though and ended up winding one in on the last day we were there. I'll post a picture of his exciting moment later.




Throwing rocks into the river.





We even did a little hike. Gorgeous!





At the end of our hike, there was a little rickety staircase down into a hole/cave.





Our camping crew (minus Heather, baby Jake and myself).





Aaron really wanted to try climbing out of the cave hole.

I've seen one too many falls though and made him get down.





Carter found these big ol' leaves on our hike.






Heather showed me up by starting a fire while the guys were gone fishing. I was totally impressed!





This was the cheering crowd!





How do I know it was a successful camping trip?

Because I can pretty much deal with anything when my kids sleep like this!
Even flaming toilet paper.

3 comments:

Heather said...

LOL I love it! We had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for letting us come. Let's plan another trip for this spring!!

Steve and Jamie said...

I am so jealous! Looks like so much fun--camping with two of my favorite families in the world.

Lori said...

looks like a great time.