Monday, April 11, 2016

Let's go with this house!

So we have had quite the experience with buying a home in Utah.  We have seen at least 10 (that I can remember). We have been interested in 3 enough that we put in offers.  The first one was in Lehi and had a pool.  We were one of seven offers in the first 24 hours on that home.  We didn't win it.
The second home (I posted previously) was on Secretariat in Eagle Mountain.  We were under contract on this home for a week or two and were drawn in by the good sized yard and kitchen.  But the lack of storage had me concerned enough that I kept looking to see what else was out there.  When this home on Bristlecone was listed, I knew I had to see it.  Aaron wasn't happy since we were already under contract on the Secretariat home.  But once I told him all about it, he agreed to see it.  We put our offer in the first day it listed for a good amount above asking price since we know how this goes (plus, we were one of many showings that first day).  After waiting it out for a few days and them having another offer, we had to go above that offer and so we did.  We get to close on April 18th and are so excited about it!
These pictures are from the listing.  I knew I had to screen shot them before they disappeared after we went under contract.


























1 comment:

Chelseanator said...

Awwww welcome back HOME! And congrats on buying a new Home/House!!!! Oh I'm excited for you guys to finally be back close to your family-how sweet and fun! But sad too that you had to leave all of your awesome friends and dear home. How bittersweet. So awesome you made such wonderful friends and were able to have some fun saying goodbye. Friends for life for sure! And so great you're getting lots of family time now! Oh I totally understand about buying (& selling) a house in UT-EEK!!! I'm sorry its been so crazy but glad you finally found one. Oh it will be sooo nice to finally get settled huh!?!? BEST OF WISHES! I hope things start to calm down soon. It will be fun to see too how you guys work your magic on this new house and make it your own :] Oh and congrats to Aaron on his new job! That's awesome! Hope he's enjoying it and that its a good fit! Hope your kids are adjusting well! Yay for cousins!!! Good luck unpacking and all that jazz! Maybe now one of these days we will see you guys again...along w/ Matt & Robyn! :) That would be sweet! John comes to UT more than me these days but hopefully one of our crazy trips we can plan some friend time! :]
Take care and good luck!

Love, Chelsea