Monday, March 20, 2006

Quick trip to Utah - Grandma Johnson

Well, after nearly three weeks, I'm back! I really hadn't had any pictures to post until this last week. Last Sunday (March 12th) we learned that my Grandma Johnson passed away. She was such a great lady and at 93 years old, was looking forward to seeing Grandpa Johnson. So...Shellee, Olivia, and I flew to Utah on Wednesday morning for a quick trip (We got back to Atlanta last night). I am very glad that I had the opportunity to go and make closure. I even got some more treasures/memories from her home too! I have included a few pictures from my past few visits with her to start off the picture portion of my blog.


Christmas time 2004. Olivia and Grandma Johnson.


This is Christmas morning of either 2002 or 2004. I like this picture of Aaron and Grandma Johnson chatting.


The last few times I was in Utah, we rode our bikes over to visit Grandma.



Here are recent pictures from my visit last week:
Olivia loved spending time with her cousins!


Hangin' with Max and Kendra.


Kendra was kind enough to play marching band with Olivia.


Relaxing with a movie.


Max had a pose!


Kendra showing us how to dance on her Game Cube dance mat.


Kylan has definitely had practice on the dance mat.


My mom thought it looked easy and so she gave it a try.
side note: These things are a great workout!!!


Olivia taking a walk around Grandma Johnson's house.


Olivia inside Grandma Johnson's kitchen.


Olivia and Kelton at Grandma's house.


While we all enjoyed cake and ice cream for my dad's birthday, Olivia loved her popsicle! (Mommy forgot to buy r-ice cream:)


All the cousins beating up on Brandon...Olivia had to join in.


Olivia got a few beatings in:)


Olivia entertaining the boys.

4 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Great pictures of Olivia and her cousins Shayleen! Glad you got to visit with family, even though the circumstances weren't ideal. But even more glad that y'all are back!

Robyn said...

What adorable pics. Olivia has such an sweet smile. Plus she got ot experience snow! Lucky!

I cannot believe how much you look like your mom Shayleen! Amazing.

It sounds like the trip was a good one, as Natalie said, despite the circumstances. I'm glad you got to be with family. And, again as Natalie said, we're glad you're back! (Darn Natalie really cut into my creativity.)

Anonymous said...

Shayleen~ these pix are so good! Very tender time. Glad you have pix to show Olivia of her and you and her Dad with Grandma Johnson so as she gets older she can have that neat connection.

I want to know more about that dance mat. Looks like something this ol' Grammy would like to take a shot at! :-)

I would have loved to hear whatever song it was Olivia was singing! She has such a sweet voice! What a cutie pie!

We're glad you are all back safe and sound. Love, Vicki

Anonymous said...

I love the photos too! They are all so cute, fun, adorable, and such good memories perserved! Thank you for sharing. Sorry I haven't written you back, its been a little crazy. We were wondering too if you were able to fly back on Sunday when we saw all of the snow too, so glad you made it back safely. Your family is beautiful! All of you girls so beautiful and look just like sisters! :] What a nice time to be together as a family! Hope you are feeling well and enjoying the spring break! Next time we'll see you!
Love, Chelsea