Thursday, March 23, 2006

Potty Trained Cowgirl

I have fogotten to mention in blogs past that we have reached a huge mile stone with Olivia. She seems to be pretty much done with the 'potty-trainING' phase! Olivia is now waking up nearly every morning and from naps dry. I even packed away the little potty because she loves "mommies potty" (plus, I don't have to clean the little potty which is SO nice). We are very excited to have diapers taken out of the budget for these next few months.
Aaron also made Olivia's crib into more of a 'big girl' bed by taking off the front railing. Funny though, Olivia still won't get out of her bed in the morning until we have come to her room to get her. That isn't a complaint though!
I feel very lucky that Olivia really did make the potty training easy. With all the stories about potty training boys, I honestly fear what our son will do! Glad I have a couple of years to worry about that:)
Olivia wanted to try on my cowboy boots last night...I think this was the first time she had even caught eye of them.

The funniest thing was when she fell forward in them. Needless to say, after a minute or two of trying to stand back up, she gave up and took them off.

One more thing: For a laugh...click here: http://jluntfamily.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olivia! What a girl! :-) I am so excited she's potty trained! That is always so nice to have "behind" you (no pun intended?)! :-)

Nice to save on diapers and not merely as many messes to clean up! Good job, Olivia! Grammy is SOOOO proud of you!

Olivia in the cowboy boots reminds me of her Dad when he used to wear his little cowboy boots ALL the time when he was a wee boy (with shorts and knee socks! whatever he happened to be wearing--footed PJ sleepers, etc.). (You are welcome, Aaron! Mother's perogative!)

Hey, Shayleen, to be so tiny your boots looked big. I thought they were Aaaron's. HA!HA!

Okay, thanks for the update on your AND Cheril's blog! Darling!

Love,

Vicki/Mom/Grammy

Robyn said...

I don't know many toddlers who are such quick potty learners. Congratulations to the entire Lunt family for that one! You deserve it!

She is so grown up and truly so beautiful. Just stunning.

Robyn said...

Also, when I was potty trained my mom tells me I went around the house saying, "I'm a potty train!" Has Olivia realized what a big step this is?

Anonymous said...

I love the Trained Cowgirl!!! She's adorable and growing up to be such a big girl-wow, way to go for sure! That will be such a relief! Good job Mom for hanging in there w/ patience! I love your cowboy boots too. My dad always had them and they were our Favorite thing to wear and try to walk in. They are the best dress-ups for sure! So cute and funny!
Love, Chelsea