Friday, May 05, 2006

Congratulations to my husband!

Well, our light at the end of the tunnel is nearly blinding us now! Aaron finished taking his last final as a Georgia Tech student on Tuesday! Hooray! I can hardly believe that Aaron is done with his bachelor's degree. I'm so proud of all his hard work. I have no idea how he managed to keep up with all his school work and still find time to spend with us. He even managed to get HighEST Honors! Well, grades aren't out until Tuesday, but we're pretty sure that is the way it is headed. I just want to say to Aaron: I love you and am absolutely so proud of you! I am looking forward to the future (as always)!
After his final on Tuesday, and before our flight left Atlanta to go house hunting in Cincinnati, I managed to squeeze in a party for Aaron on Tuesday evening. I tried to keep it a surprise for my sake. Aaron isn't the attention loving type - AT ALL! But, in the end, Aaron was highly suspicious of something being done for him. Luckily, he still drove to the park (Thank you to Laura for her "broken down car") and even got out of the car and walked over to the party.
You have to have some sort of celebration for events like this...especially because Aaron decided not to walk at the graduation ceremonies.
Thank you to everyone who helped me pull it off. There were a lot of invitations that went out and I was afraid that someone would spill the beans, but all was kept safe and sound:)



Here is my husband! He's now a Design Engineer for GE! He looks really excited for his party, don't you think? haha



All ready for the guests to arrive. Thanks to Vicki and Bill for helping me set up the tables. Also, Thanks to Kirk for watching the kiddies so we could concentrate.



Thanks to Vicki again for the yummy cookie cake.


Some of the devoted guests. Actually, something is seriously wrong with this picture (Justin's UGA hat).


Olivia had a wonderful time at the party. I only saw her for a few bites of cake and she was gone again to the playground.

Okay, I promise that I have read to Olivia since she was a baby! I have been a bad mommy though. I only took Olivia to the library for the first time this past week. Of course, she loved it and I ended up checking out around 25 books for her. I couldn't help myself. Plus, with all the traveling coming up this month, it's great entertainment! After we got home from the library, I spread out the books over the living room floor and let her dig in...


We also have more good news. On Monday we had another appointment with Olivia's orthopedic surgeon about her hips. He seems to think that they are continuing to develop okay and that she should be able to avoid surgery in the future. Olivia will still have appointments in the future to have more xrays done, but we are grateful to be in the clear again! Many of you didn't get calls from me with the good news like usual...it was because (blame some of it on the pregnancy hormones) I was too choked up (aka. full of joy) to talk about it the rest of the day. I am just so grateful for answered prayers!

Okay, one more thing. I wanted to post the link to Aaron's senior design project. Some of you that change your own oil on your vehicles could appreciate this: http://helix.gatech.edu/Classes/ME4182/2006S1/projects/D-OilyTools/index.html

We are in Cincinnati right now and I'm updating our blog from Aaron's laptop at the hotel. We put a deposit down on a home to rent for the next year and so now we have to find something to fill our time until our flight leaves tomorrow night. Actually, we have even been able to come back to the hotel to give Olivia and Aaron naps. Olivia just woke up now and so it's time to play!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How amazing and cool is this post! It is just oozing and bursting w/ fabulous news! We are so excited and so happy for you guys! Congrats again to Aaron! That is just awesome. Way to go w/ pulling off the big party-I'm thinking John and Aaron are so alike when it comes to parties for them!!! You go Shayleen! It looked great!

I love the photos of Olivia w/ the the books-so sweet. I still have a great love for childrens book and still check out a dozen or so. Keep it up, Libraries are fabulous places!

And wow, another big move. You can do it. That will be good to get settled again. Good luck w/ all of that, I know how you are feeling. Renting w/ be good for now too so you can really check out the areas you like! :] hee hee. And I can't wait to show John the website. He's such an Oil-changing guy-he's going to love it! Thank you so much for sharing!!!
Take care and best of luck!

Love, Chelsea

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

A bonafide "ramblin' wreck" for sure!

Congrats to the new college graduate and his wife!

Robyn said...

Congratulations! Highest honors, eh? So impressive. Great job to the whole Lunt family, and especially Aaron.

I loved the party, delicious food and fun. And I'm glad Aaron didn't just drive away in protest of it.

Glad things are going so well!