Friday, June 30, 2006

A rocket ship no more

The days when my car would sound like a rocket ship ready for take off (when I pushed in the clutch) are gone! That sound had come to give my car character and anybody that hadn't ridden in my car before had to ask what the sound was. Those of you that have ridden in the green machine several times came to tune it out.
Well, last Saturday, Aaron completed the, what should have been a 2-man job of changing my clutch all by himself!
This picture below was a proud moment when he got the transmission to drop! So, not only is my husband a mechanical engineer, he's also a car mechanic!

Thanks for my nice, QUIET clutch honey!


Olivia even seemed happy to be able to ride in Mommy's car again. But mostly to have her daddy come home from work and not have to go out in the garage to fix Mommy's car.
ps Olivia had told us she would fix Mommy's car...she then asked for some batteries for it. Wish all things were that easy to fix:)

4 comments:

Robyn said...

I remember that sound! And it was distinctive! We are impressed with Aaron's skills. I'm sure your new clutch will be nice, but aren't you going to miss that white noise when the baby's here? Just kidding.

Congratulations on a fixed car!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Aaron, on fixing the "clutch" on the green machine. I am very impressed (of course, I am your Mom!--HA!). Really, I know that feels great to have taken on such a challenge and then be able to "put the car back together again" and actually have it run (and not be afraid to have your dear wife and daughter ride in it--JK!! :-) Wayyyyy to gooooooo!

Glad you are back to a two car family once again.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! We are very impressed too and want to say congrats!!! Fixing your own car problems is the best feeling! I know how you feel about your car, I've had my share-"White-Thunder" was the best :] Way to go for sure. Cute photo of Dad and Olivia! Keep up the great work! Yeah!
Love, Chelsea & John

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! What a guy! That must feel so nice to take care of a big car repair all on your own!