Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wrapping up the month of August!

This week has gone good. My only complaint is that Aaron's school problems are too hard! Aaron is such a trooper! He stays up really late every night to try and figure out and finish his homework. I think that I would be close to giving up and it's only four weeks into the course. Actually, this blog keeps him updated as much as it does the rest of ya'll!
Carter is a very good baby. It is very nice that he still sleeps so much. He seems to do okay at night time also - I have only had a handful of 'rough' nights.
Olivia is such a doll. We have only been outside two times to play since Carter has been born and she doesn't seem to mind. She seems quite content with the change of our schedule and not getting out of the house every day like we used to. She loves her Disney movies, reading and playing dress up. Check out her latest book that she is trying to conquer -




It's going to be difficult to do with it upside down!




She has asked me several times to read this to her for her bedtime story - Uhm...I don't think so!




When her other princess dresses (aka pink and purple nightgowns) are dirty, she resorts to this Cinderella dress. It's plan B because it makes her itch a bit.




Fall is just around the corner! Olivia popped some bubbles yesterday on the back porch - meanwhile, I got eaten by the mosquitos.










Look at those lips!




Today was the last play group at the park and so I made a real effort to be there. We ended up staying at the park for 2 hours (that is quite awhile for me). Olivia fussed when we had to leave.







Carter seemed to enjoy being outside also - his first time spending time outdoors.




Papa smurf! A much cuter version though:)

6 comments:

Robyn said...

I love this post! So juicy with important news. Like Olivia's itchy dress-ups and Carter's big lips! So cute! I'm so impressed that you made it to the play-group! I don't know that I would have been up to it...but it sounds like it was a great payoff. Loved the pictures! Thanks!

Good luck on your studies Aaron!

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

So who do you think Carter looks like? I'm having such a difficult time figuring it out! Does he look more like a Johnson or a Lunt? What do you and Aaron think??

Congrats on making it to playgroup!!! That gets difficult for me w/one kid - you're a trooper to get out there with a toddler and a newborn.

Good luck to Aaron. When does his class finish?

Anonymous said...

What darling pictures! I appreciate the updates. Give the kids hugs and kisses from their "Grammy."

Hang in there, Aaron. I know you can get through this stressful time. It will all be worth it in the end.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I'm so behind! Our August has been insane too-can you believe its the Last day? Whoa! I feel bad I haven't been able to leave any comments on your site. I have finally seen all of the photos but still not the videos-hopefully this weekend though!

I love all of your postings though! They are so cute and wonderful. I'm so glad you mom got to stay so long, I think I would have bawled and bawled when she left! I'm sure you are doing great though and glad that the kids are being so wonderful-yeah!

Wowzeers, w/ Aaron's schedule, that's rough. I really hope you guys can get through this and it goes fast! Won't he ever be done? :]

The pictures of Olivia w/ her little brother are priceless. She is such a wonderful sister. I lover all of her princess dressups too, she is such a doll! And Carter is quite the handsome fellow himself. He's such a Cute Smurf! :] I'm glad you could make it outside some too, enjoy the warm weather for now.

I love your posts and can't wait to see the videos. Thanks for posting soo much. Hang in there and best of luck!

Love, Chelsea

Meadows Family said...

You have such adorable little ones! I got your email...I have been semi-absent lately when it comes too posting on my blog. However I do have my new bow site up and running... www.buyabow.com I will let you know on the prices for those bows and then I will get you the link that you will need to go to in order to get your "discount" since I love ya! By the way, Olivia looks adorable in that pink bow!
TTYL Katie

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to comment about the videos! We finally got to watch them this weekend and about died! They are so precious. I love how loving and tender she is w/ Carter and especially how much of a singer she is!!! Wow, we just couldn't believe it or quit smiling. Such a cutie for sure. I hope she always stays this way w/ so much love for her brother-its so sweet. Good job to you parents for being such a great example! Its awesome! And we got a good chuckle over her choice of reading too, that's so funny, wow, maybe she wants to be a Sister Missionary? :]

Love, Chelsea & John