Saturday, June 09, 2007

Olivia has a boyfriend

I asked Olivia this week if she had a boyfriend and she replied that Carter was her boyfriend. How sweet! Carter is learning so much lately. He pulls up to everything - the blinds, tables, computer desk, lamps. Anything and nearly everything that he shouldn't be allowed to touch. He definitely keeps me more on my toes than Olivia ever did. I sometimes feel like I'm a first time mom again. Carter even learned his first (well, second if you count him waving "bye, bye") sign yesterday. He can now sign "more" when he wants more food (usually cheerios). After he signs it, he immediately has to cheer for himself.
Carter trying out Olivia's new crayons.

Olivia is growing up too! She loves to do worksheets in her learning books.


Nothing on Olivia's blue table is safe anymore. Just last night he snatched Olivia's scissors off the table and took off with them. Of course, Olivia was quick to chase him down and make him very upset when she snatched them back.


Olivia and her boyfriend.

I don't know that Carter has the same feelings for Olivia though.


Olivia must have learned this from an old friend (Robyn:). She covered the fireplace with blankets and pillows "so that Carter wouldn't scratch his fingers."


Olivia had her first swim lessons this week. She loved it!


I learned something from and old friend too...my kids aren't too young for corn on the cob! It was such a new and fun thing to try. Olivia had almost two whole cobs for dinner that night.


Carter wanted to just eat the entire cob.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at these darling pix and making my Grammy observations. I noticed Carter's got Aaron's ears! They stay in close to his little head then tip out from his head just at the very top of his ears/ Carter also definitely has the "Lunt ribcage." Carter looks like you, though, Shayleen in the face. He's so cute!

Miss Olivia reminds me of Aaron. Those big "Tweety Bird" blue eyes are just like her Daddy's eyes especially when he was her age! So sweet.

Wish I was there in person to give them hugs and kisses!! xxxx ooooo

Olivia better watch out! When Carter gets older he will pay her back for holding him down and smothering him with all of her attention! HA!

Love and miss you guys,

Vicki/Mom/Grammy

Meadows Family said...

So much fun...Kaylie too keeps me on my toes. My mom told me yesterday I don't have the prissy little girl that I may have wanted, but she is a character! Corn on the cob is awesome...I wasn't sure about it the first time Kaylie had it, but she chows down on it. Hope you are having a fun summer...I will post soon. We are in Nevada this week and headed to California tomorrow....lots of pics on my dropshots. :)