Friday, November 30, 2007

A Turkey And A Tree

Aaron and I are really looking forward to getting the month of December going. Aaron has finals next week and then he'll return to work for a few days before taking his vacation for the year. It's going to be fun to have Aaron home with us for a few weeks. I'm sure he'll be plenty ready to return to work after New Year's!
I'm trying to be better about taking Olivia's picture with her different craft projects...that way I don't feel guilty when I don't save them. She made this crayon-feathered turkey in her art class at the community center. (Olivia informed me that she has angry eyebrows for this picture. )

Goofy face!
I grew up sleeping in this hair-do every Saturday night. Olivia didn't seem to mind it and so she could be sporting this look more often.

Have I mentioned to you that Carter's sleeping habits are making me a little crazy? Okay, I haven't blogged that...but I have vented to many of you on the phone about it. He's transitioning from two naps to one. He's been getting up around 5-5:30am and his afternoon naps are filled with tears and then finally zonking out on the couch.




Zzzzz....


If I could duplicate Olivia's tree for my own home, I would...I think it would be bigger and more evenly decorated than my own is.



Olivia colored this to give to a friend, but when she showed me the finished product, I kindly asked if I could have it. She happily said "yes."

11 comments:

Robyn said...

DID OLIVIA COLOR THAT TREE? She is so good at staying in those lines. Amazing. I'm sorry about Carter and the napping issues. At least he looks cute! (Small comfort, I know.) And he and Jacob have the same shirt! Target rocks.

kbradley said...

Wow, Olivia is an amazing artist. She's going to be the smartest kid in Kindergarden. I'm jealous to think that you get your husband for weeks. Even when Ken is home he's working on something and now with all of us being sick we are seriously questioning Disney...Have a great week.

Patty said...

What great pics (again!) I love seeing all the things you and your family have been busy doing. Olivia really is very talented with the crayons!

martha corinna said...

Olivia is such a cute girl.
I've always wondered if I am a bad mom for throwing some of Norah's 'art' away.

Anonymous said...

Your two little ones are soooo cute. Isn't so much fun to hair, and not so much fun to readjust sleeping/nap schedules.

Anonymous said...

I meant to say to do hair, sorry, I'll do this right one day

Launa said...

Wow! Olivia that picture you colored is so good. And I love the little turkey you made. You are so smart. Grandma loves you very much!

By the way how did the hair do turn out?

Love Grandma Johnson

Corrie- said...

I love the crayon turkey, I saw that on familyfun.com and thought it was an awesome idea. You Rock, and so does Olivia's coloring.

heather said...

I wish I had a tree that looked like that too. Although my kids would be disappointed it wasn't covered in Star Wars ornaments. Colin also would swipe all those candy canes and eat them long before we got to Christmas. I hope Carter figures out the sleep thing. That makes life no fun in a lot of ways.

Anonymous said...

Yeehaw for Christmas Vacations!!! I'm so excited for you guys and hope Aaron can get through his finals-yikies! I so remember those and the urgent feeling of just wanting to be DONE! I hope you guys all have a blast together! Enjoy!

Wow, I so agree w/ everyone-I love the craft projects and Olivia's coloring is awesome! Soooo good. I really hope Carter gets better about naps too, that is a huge bummer. Good luck w/ it.

And I do have a question about the hairdo, I've never seen that. What's the finished product look like!?!?! Is that just random braids with the ends in curlers? Wow, who thought of that? I am so seriously interested. You know me, I LOVE hair ideas. Very cool. We used to always just wear the foam curlers to bed w/ nets on or bandanas to keep them in for Sunday morning or when we went to our Grandma's-good times for sure!

You guys are so cute! Merry Christmas early!

Love, Chelsea

Cami Garcia said...

That's so funny! I slept in sponge rollers every Saturday night too! I never did the braids, but I'll bet they make for natural looking curls! Too cute! Tell Olivia that I love her picture...quite the little artist. Love you guys!