Friday, January 04, 2008

Our Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

I realized that my last two posts are dealing with my stress levels. There really isn't as much stress as I may have led you to believe and it's mostly the good kind of stress (that is possible, right?).
We had a great Christmas. It was our first one to spend by ourselves. I got to think about the different traditions that I would really like to start and the ones that I want to carry on from past years. Christmas Eve should always be on family night...it just seemed so right.
After the kids were tucked in bed, we got the room "set up."
Aaron wasn't jealous of all our friends and family that may have recieved a Wii this year. Reason: he was playing the VSmile!
Aaron had to test it out to be sure it was ready to roll for Christmas morning.

Did I mention how nice it was to be able to bribe Olivia to be good with the "fact" that Santa wouldn't be coming to our house if she wasn't good? I know there are so many things wrong with doing that, but it worked too good.


Why did Carter enjoy unwrapping everyone else's gifts besides his own?


He loves his fridge farm. When Olivia turns it off, he's quick to give me an "uh-oh" because it won't work.


Carter & Olivia loved their new radio flyer. We were even out in the 30 degree weather today playing with it.

Carter got some play-doh & he loves it. He's quite artistic with the way he cuts it into small pieces and let's them all land on the floor to dry out.


Practicing for the future.


This game was fun for all four!


On to our Happy New Year:

We spent the New Year with our friends from Dayton, the Bradley family. Fondue was our first treat of the night to keep us awake.

Wii was an all-night treat that easily keeps one awake. (Aaron still enjoys the VSmile though ;)


"C'mon Carter, ride that pony"


Olivia took a few moments to entertain Dylan with some silly faces.


I know, I know. Why do I let my son wear pink sunglasses? Probably because he gives me the cutest, cheesiest grin when he does.

I didn't get any pictures of the midnight celbrations. We all made it to see that time...even the kids! Confetti was shot off at the drop of the ball, along with noise makers and the kids loved it! I didn't get pictures of it all, but it was a great time.

10 comments:

Cassie Rakes said...

Jeremie and I are feeling Aaron on the wii and v smile thing. Who knew a video game geared tward 4-6 year olds could be such fun??? But Jeremie really is trying to talk me into the wii. wii'll see I guess. Anyways way cute pics.

AJ said...

Schuyler is totally into the vsmile also. I often walk into the room and catch him playing. I think it makes him feel really smart.
I love the santa thing too, and I totally took advantage of it. I think if it makes him want to be a good boy, what is wrong? Anyway, I am glad you had a fabulous holiday.

Patty said...

That vsmile sounds like a lot of fun! How can I convince Aimee that at age 14 she REALLY needs one??!!
Wonderful pictures again! I love hearing all about your Christmas and New Year!

Mama D said...

Loved hearing about your holidays! Great pics.

We have had just 2 Christmas' with family. We've always lived too far away. But we have some great traditions of our own, and we love our quiet stay-at-home Christmas'!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a fun christmas. Way to start your own traditions. We played wii with our friends also on new years, we just have any cool pics like you guys. Can you invite me to your blog so I don't have to sign in on tysons? Thanks, loriharper@gmail.com.

Fordney said...

Your kids are so cute. Isn't it so fun to have kids at Christmas time? I live Olivia and I think you should use the Santa bribe all year long!

martha corinna said...

I have to bride Norah too.
The radio flyer was the best Christmas gift last year, I use it all the time.

Robyn said...

Fun, fun Christmas! It is so fun to be home for the holidays. Traditions are fun. I like to see Carter using his piggy bank. So adorable.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Cute pictures! And what fun toys. You and Aaron are excellent Santa "helpers" when it comes to picking out good gifts for the kiddos. And fondue for New Years?!? Man, you guys know how to ring in the new year right!

Anonymous said...

So dang cute! :] I'm so glad you guys could stay home for Christmas-isn't it just sooo great!?!?! And yes, starting traditions are the best. It looked like tons of fun. The kids are so cute w/ all of their toys. I can't get over how big Carter is getting. I love their wagon too!

New Year's looked awesome too. So funny about the video games for sure. I really love seeing Olivia's chocolate face in the background-yummy!!! and Carter riding that donkey was fantastic! I'm so glad you guys celebrated it all up! Enjoy and hope you are gearing up for that wonderful birthday girl soon!!!! :]

Love, Chelsea