Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Sunday Stress

I do plan to post pics of our (small) holiday celebrations, but I wanted to explain why it's taking me awhile to do so. For those of you that do not know, Aaron and I have been busy. Just one aspect that as added to our busy-ness is our church callings. Aaron is the scout master & 2nd counselor in the Young Men's. He's been busy attending extra activities with the youth & even had an overnight campout a few weeks ago.
Since I've been called as Primary President in our ward, my Sunday stress has changed. I was actually getting somewhat used to being Gospel Doctrine teacher and having to get up in front of the scripture scholars every week to teach. I must say that I do enjoy getting up in front of the children a bit more. If teaching Sharing time was all that my calling entailed, it would be all smiles for me. This is how I dressed for one of my first sharing times...I don't think I would have done this for the adults. We made Faith cookies with all the right ingredients. (And NO, faith is not fattening)


Hopefully in a few weeks, things will slow down a bit and Sunday's won't be quite as stressful. Haha!
It will be fun to have Olivia in primary with me now though as a SUNBEAM!

10 comments:

kbradley said...

In the caption you should have explained why are wearing the hat. I can't believe that Jordan and Olivia would be in the same Sunbeam class. There still seems to be such an age difference between them. I guess nine and halfs months is a big diffence when you're 3. Not to mention that Jordan is a crazy little boy, while Olivia is the sweetest little girl ever. Her teacher is going to love her. I hope Jordan's doesn't ask to be released.
I'll email you the pics from New Year's soon.

Meadows Family said...

Congrats on the new calling...how exciting! You are going to be so awesome...good luck with everything!

Katie

carrie said...

you are so great for your primary calling! i've always thought you were a super loving mom, and very patient too. and i think your presidency has been inspired and quick to react to the needs of your organization right now...but i know you've been busy with finding subs during the holidays...hopefully all will settle down a bit now. LOVE the hat!

Louann and Bari said...

I'm so happy that there is a pic of you in that cute hat! That was such a fun Sharing Time, the kids loved it. Katy is really excited to get Olivia in the Sunbeams, she went on and on about how pretty and what a good girl she is!

Mama D said...

I've been waiting for this pic of the Faith Chef Lady!

I know I don't see it all and there have been challenges with subs, but you and your presidency seem to be doing a fantastic job! I know it seems crazy and busy now, but your calling will get "easier" with time.

Time goes so fast. I remember how exciting it was when Ryan went into Sunbeams... and now he's in college and getting ready for a mission. I can remember when Olivia was just an infant!

Enjoy the craziness of it all!!

martha corinna said...

Good luck in Primary!
The last picture is awesome!

Patty said...

Keep hanging in there Shaylene! You're doing an awesome job and hopefully it'll keep getting easier! (I'm hoping the same for me!!)

Sarah said...

Everyone should have seen you in action if they love this picture!! You are truly doing a great job. I'm glad Olivia and Connor will be in Sunbeams together. I don't think Connor would go without her! Although, I am a little nervous about Connor's behavior and influence on Olivia! She's a little more outgoing than I expected her to be in primary!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! I had No idea! Man you guys are super busy w/ callings. That's a ton for Aaron to juggle w/ school and work for sure. I bet he enjoys it though and is really good at it. And holy smokes about you being President! I know you are doing awesome at it and just perfect at it but I can only imagine that is a huge responsbility and adjustment. You guys have a lot on your plate. Hang in there and best of luck. Yes, hopefully things will calm down w/ the holidays being over with.

I love your hat too and think its so creative and fun. You know how to get the kids attention and teach them. I wish you could be our Primary Pres., I would be your counslor or teacher!!! :] I think I'm finally getting released this Sunday as a teacher-that's all I've done pretty much since we've been married and I'm really hoping for a bit of a change. Our Primary is so different and hard. I really do miss the PTC Primary, that was so great. :] I don't think I could ever teach Sunday School or RS-so way to go for you! That is so great! I know you're doing a fabulous job and hope everything works out. Don't stress about updating either, we still know you care :]

Love, Chelseaaaaah

Leslie said...

You are soooo awesome! The kids are so lucky to have you!