Sunday, March 09, 2008

Olivia gives us laughter

I've been feeling like I take a lot more pictures of Carter lately and I think I know why. Since the kid can't talk, he's always doing cute stuff that I can catch on camera. Olivia on the other hand can most certainly talk (and talked quite clearly when she was younger than Carter) and so she's always telling/asking us funny things that I can't capture in a snapshot.

Examples:


*Yesterday as we were getting ready to come inside the house to warm up, Olivia asked me this as she was holding a large snow ball (much like the one in this picture): "Can I bring this inside?"


*I popped Footloose into the VCR the other day thinking I would sit back and relax (don't worry, I realized that Olivia is definitely not old enough for viewing that movie). If you remember, in the beginning of the show, John Lithgow (the town's minister) is giving a (very loud) sermon. Olivia was sitting by me and asked, "Why is he so mad?" and then asked, "Is that jail?"


*This one still gives me nightmares (& makes me chuckle). One morning I was back in the bedroom chatting on the phone when I heard a familiar chant coming from the TV out in the living room. I booked it down the hall and into the living room to turn off the TV and see Olivia standing in front of the TV with her arm pumping in the air yelling, "Jer-ry, Jer-ry, Jer-ry!"
I don't think she saw anything that the show is truly capable of and just so you know, I had it on Disney and Olivia changed the channel.

14 comments:

Corrie- said...

I'm am totally laughing out loud at the "Jerry!" thing. I can only imagine the horror on your face. I'm a footloose fan however, I even have a bag from the Lehi Roller Mills where Kevin Bacon did his dancing...

Steph and KO said...

HILLARIOUS! That's the best part of little one's...the things they say. Karl thought the Jerry thing was funny, too. We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! I was laughing through reading them all but when I got to the Jerry one........I think I rolled on the floor!!! No not really, but its so hilarious. I would of loved to see your face too, I'm sure I would of had the same expression. Wow! Little tykes are so funny!!! :]

Love, Chelsea

The Waisath's said...

Shayleen, I'm laughing out loud..Jer-ry, Jer-ry! Too funny.

Robyn said...

I agree, the Jerry thing was priceless. What a funny girl.

Mama D said...

Cute pics of the kids. Looks like you all enjoyed the snow. And bringing that snow ball inside -- at Sarah's house you can! (As long as it's going to the bathtub!)

Kids say the funniest things! Those Footloose and Jerry comments will come back to haunt you...

Hayley said...

That is so funny! Cute little Olivia.

Steve and Jamie said...

I love it! I won't be able to see Olivia next time without hearing the chant in the back of my mind.

i'm erin. said...

Hahahahaha...that rocks! by the way, I LOVE footloose!

Patty said...

I agree with mama... those are some great photos (again!!) And I love Olivia's quotes!!

chelle said...

Jerry makes us Cincinnatian's proud doesn't he?!? Great, wholesome family entertainment. lol
That is too funny though.
Good thing you were close by and not in the shower or something. COuld you imagine what she would of seen?!?
Love the pics and the laughs!!
THanksf or sharing!

Lori said...

That is so funny. I guess she is already a jerry fan.

Amy J said...

I am laughing out loud right now and LOL just doesn't cut it. I have to write it. LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

:)