Saturday, March 08, 2008

Spring is NOT on it's way

So much for me and all my wishing it were spring. It's okay though because one (last) big snow storm like this is kind of fun. It was even against the law for us to drive anywhere today because of all the snow we received yesterday and last night. From the moment Olivia had eaten breakfast, she wouldn't let up on going outside to play. So once again, we're out the door at a cold and slightly windy 9:30am.

I made the kids wait (I know, I am a mean mom) until Aaron was done shoveling walks so that he could play with them. Carter waited so patiently.



No, Carter couldn't walk in it. He can barely stay upright in his snowsuit while he's inside the house, let alone in a foot of snow.


When Carter woke from his afternoon nap, I thought I would go out and play with the kids again. I mentioned this to Carter and he ran straight to the door and put on Aaron's gloves.


Aaron wanted me to measure the depth...11 inches in about 30 hours.



Nope, Olivia couldn't walk in it either. She could crawl...very slowly through it though.


Carter and his "snow shovel" helping Daddy.


An Olivia-sized snowball.


Don't worry, we did warn her of yellow snow...we have 5 dogs that live next door ;)


I sure got my money's worth when I bought that doctor kit at a yard sale for $1! Carter is checking out Daddy's heart rate after shoveling all that snow!


Congratulations to Cheril & Justin on their 3rd baby girl! Natalie Darlene Lunt born on Friday! We look forward to meeting our new cousin/niece!

5 comments:

Corrie- said...

Your family is too cute! We're coming to play with you guys during the next blizzard, it looks like you had a blast! I love the pics with the snow past Carter's knees.

Anonymous said...

Oh it looked like so much fun! Your kids are so darn cute in all of their snow gear! I just think that's the best how much they LOVE to be outside playing! I was so wondering if you guys got hit-I'm glad you could make the most of it.

Congrats on being a new Auntie too!!! That is so great! I hope you can see them all soon too!

Love, Chelsea

Bobbi said...

How fun!! That looks like some great packing snow!! My kids would definitely be jealous!!!

Vicki Lunt said...

Love the snow pictures and the one especially of Carter laying on the floor waiting patiently for Daddy to get done shoveling the sidewalks so he could take him outside and play with him and Olivia.

Man you guys really got hit. While you were getting hit with snow we were getting "hit" with our NINTH grandchild! We actually had a little snow blizzard of our own I think Sat. a.m.? It was quite the scene here in Georgia where snow is very RARE!!

Can't wait til you can meet our newest member of the family, Miss Natalie. She's got a few rolls and weighed 8 lbs, 1 oz. She's a sweetie pie!

Love to all of you,

Vicki/Grammy/Mom

Lori said...

That is so much snow, crazy. That was probably funny watching them try to walk in the snow. I love carter's "shovel."