Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring Surprises

Aaron and I have been working in the yard quite a bit the last few weeks. We are still kicking ourselves for not taking before pictures when we first moved in last year. Aaron removed nine trees last year and mowed over LOTS of flowers (I didn't communicate my mowing directions to him very good...but I'm over it now.) Anyhow, we have been able to enjoy some of what our yard has left to offer this time of year. I have certainly enjoyed looking out my window countless times per day to view all the pretty blossoms on this:

Our crab-apple tree. The kids now like to pretend it's snowing with all the blossoms that have fallen to the ground.

From my front porch.




These tulips were safe from the mower because they were nestled behind a bush. I had no idea that I had any tulips until this spring. They have been fun to watch open and close every day. I wonder if the iris' that are about to bloom will be as much fun.




I'm still surprised that this little princess LOVES worms.



Olivia surprised me by wanting to be a witch again...six months before Halloween! She loved painting her hand green a few different times this week.






Daddy's little helper!
Carter has to be digging, mowing, raking or whatever else we are trying to accomplish in the yard. He's a hard worker!

10 comments:

Cassie Rakes said...

what cute pictures, your yard looks awesome.

Amy J said...

You have what looks to be the most perfect house and yard. I am so jealous.

Launa said...

Oh my, Carter is growing up so fast. What a little man, a little handsome man at that. I feel like I hardly now him anymore. I bet Aaron is having fun with him now. Can't wait to see him again. Your yard is looking great!!!

chelle said...

I love your house Shayleen. You guys take very good care of it! Inside and out.
Great pics!

Robyn said...

Great work! You guys do take such good care of your home. And with a little helper and a witch on the premesis, how could you not get things done!?!

Beautiful grass, too.

Anonymous said...

Its looks great! I love your tree too. Springtime is the best-so many beautiful colors and blooms! You guys are doing a fantastic job. Keep taking lots of photos-they are so fun to look back at. I still can't believe either how much Olivia likes worms-good for her! I just like seeing them in my flower & garden beds! I'm glad you've got such great helpers to make your home beautiful! Keep it up and best of luck this summer!!!

Patty said...

Your house and yard could easily be featured in a magazine or something- they're so pretty! I can't wait to see what else you do to it!
And the pics are great! I especially love the one of Carter mowing with his dad!! How cute!

Mama D said...

Your yard looks great. What fun pictures. Your kids are adorable!

The Wacky Wilkins said...

I can't believe that Olivia will hold worms!! Today I could hear Bryndee screaming at the top of her lungs, only to find out that a fly was near her. What a wimp!! Olivia and Bryndee should be friends just so that Olivia could teach her to be brave!! And I just love that Carter wants to help his dad outside. What a boy!!

Lori said...

I love the garden. That is great Olivia is into bugs. I bet Carter will be too then.