Friday, January 30, 2009

Snow Days '09

Fairfield is on their fourth snow day this week. I know, I don't have any kids in school and so really it means nothing to me. Actually, Aaron is in school this quarter though and so he's had some snow days this week too. Since he can help take care of kids in between studying, I've been more productive this week!
Aaron and I used some of our Christmas money to buy a canner. Since chicken was on sale this week, we stocked up and used the canner for the first time. Hope it tastes better than it looks! We used this method to can it. So easy.

After having the fabric to make capes in my basement for over six months, I finally got them done!


Carter loves pretending he's Super Why.



I also repaired Olivia's first pair of holey jeans.



And of course, we played in the snow



and ice.
Oh, I also made some yummy Italian herb bread.
(I can still say that I made it if all I did was throw it in the breadmaker, right?)
1 1/4 c. + 2 T water
3 T olive oil
3-4 T honey
2 t salt
3 T powdered milk
2 c. wheat flour
2 c. white flour
4 t gluten
1 T dried Italian seasoning
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
1/4 c. potato flakes
2 1/4 t active dry yeast
Makes a 2 lb. loaf
Push Start - French Cycle ;)
Thanks for the recipe Kari.

9 comments:

Lori said...

I love the capes. They are so cute. How do I become a follower on your page.

chelle said...

Those capes are adorable. I love how you personalized them with the initials as well. Bet they are having so much fin with them!

chelle said...

fun too! (not fin!)

Kayla said...

That is the cutest jean patch! I need to learn to patch jeans up. Jake's work clothes get torn apart so easily.

Amy J said...

holy cow woman! you are waaaay productive. same loves superwhy. we have to record it everyday!

kbradley said...

The chicken looks raw. Is it?

Chelseanator said...

Wow, you are having a GREAT Productive week! That is awesome! I love the capes-so cute and awesome! And the love the jean patch too, that is way creative! Way to go w/ canning, that is awesome! I'm glad you are enjoying the snow out there too! Feb. is such a fun month! Sooo is YOUR b-day coming soon or what?!?!?! :]

Love, Chelsea

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

Fun Snow days! You must be one of the best mom's around.

Patty said...

You are amazing! I like the canning method you used- it looks so easy. And I love the capes- very cool!