Sunday, February 08, 2009

Random Stuff

Olivia has been drawing various pictures of the new baby lately. I thought this one was pretty cute. She is teaching her little sister to dance.



Olivia got to bring home her own volcano from a science class she's been participating in. Can you tell that she thought it was so cool?



Carter in the bathroom + a very quiet house = trouble! That would be lotion all over the place.


While we were in Georgia last month, we had a decent family picture taken at Grandpa Bill's house.



Carter was bound and determined to ride his bike and scooter down the icy/snowy driveway.



*We did try our canned chicken. It was delicious! Very tender and tasty. I will definitely be canning more. I may even like it better than Costco's canned chicken.

*Olivia got the name, Clarabelle, from the cow on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

*Olivia's first pet, Skittles the fish, died a short five days after being welcomed into our house. The next day, we welcomed Rainbow (another Betta fish) into our house. He died seven days later. The most frustrating thing is hearing what the professional "fish man" says about Betta's: "Betta's live in mud holes in Japan, they are very hearty fish." Well, thank you Mr. Fish man, that makes me feel so much better. NOT!

*After Olivia decided to name her second fish, Rainbow, she turned to Aaron and asked him if that was a good name for a boy. Aaron and I looked at each other and grinned. He then told her that it was a good name for a boy FISH.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Really cute family picture. I especially like seeing your cute preggo belly. Sorry that your fish keep dying. They can be tricky, you'll find a good one I'm sure.

kbradley said...

I got a goldfish in college and I lived forever. I even flew with it home to Atlanta. It died a few days after I gave it away when we were moving to Florida. I think I had it for a little over 3 years. Every fish I've had since has only lived a few days. Weird...
What a cute picture Olivia drew.

Chelseanator said...

That is a lovely drawing! Well done Olivia-looks like she is getting way excited for her sister :] I like her very Pink volcano too-how fun. Your family photo is adorable, you all look fabulous. I'm so sorry about the fish too, darn. Maybe you could try a different kind or tank?!?!!? I really like the names though she choose, so cute. And Carter is always up to something crazy! What a cutie. I have a nephew that constantly does the lotion things-yikies! It looks like you have having a very fun month! Happy Valentine's Day!

Lots of love, Chelsea

Amy J said...

what a precious picture Olivia! fyi the envelope she gave you for kelton held a heart shaped piece of paper saying thank you kelton. such a sweet girl!

martha corinna said...

The picture is sweet.

Rainbow is an awesome name!

Cassie Rakes said...

Maybe you should try a hermit crab. I am pretty sure I couldn't kill it if I wanted to.

Kennie was riding his scooter in the snow too. BOYS.

Mama D said...

What a cute drawing of Olivia teaching her sister to dance! Thanks for sharing such fun pictures. Fun times!

Our Sweet Life said...

What a great family picture. You all look stunning!