Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

We had a great Valentine's Day at our house!

My Valentine's Day gift came a few days early this year:
Our first sofa!

Carter was so excited to ride with Daddy in his truck on Valentine's morning to go buy Olivia and I roses.



I then did my traditional "knock and run" to leave my favorite Valentine's their gifts. (I knock on the door, leave the gifts on the doorstep and run before they catch me.) Carter thought that Aaron's gift was for him and he was delighted to get a new screwdriver set. Seriously.


But in the end, my little Valentine's were happy with candy and punchballs.



Carter then got to go outside and help his daddy get started on putting together our (hand-me-down) swing-set while Olivia and I made sugar cookies.



Yes, there is a cookie underneath all of that decor.



"One piece for the cookie, two pieces for me. One piece for the cookie, two pieces for me..."



For dinner we followed our tradition. Sesame Chicken (and sparkling juice to drink) by candlelight. Olivia loved the candlelight part!


We ended our "Day of Love" by leaving our neighbor's Valentine cookies on their doorstep by doorbell ditching them also. I'll have to find a better hiding spot for my two little kiddo's next year though because they were spotted.
Olivia's question for the day: "How come Heavenly Father created Valentine's Day?"

14 comments:

Sarah said...

cuuuute! Looks like you guys had a fun day. I'm glad you got a couch! I know you've been wanting one. I have to let you know that your sugar cookie talk inspired me and we finally made some. That's my once for the year, right?

Robyn said...

Here's what I yelled when I saw the first picture:

"THEY GOT A COUCH!"

Where's the futon?!? I am so happy for you guys! I know it was a long time coming. Happy sitting!

I love your post. What great traditions. Lots of fun. We are still pretty weak on traditions, so I'm impressed and planning on copying.

Also, we need to talk! I know there's more than a new couch I need to hear about.

Patty said...

What a sweet Valentine's Day! You always impress me with your creativity and planning for occasions.

kbradley said...

I love your sofa! Cute Valentine pictures. I kept cheeking my doorstep for treats from the Lunts, but they never came... :)

Steph and KO said...

No more futon? You guys are moving up in the world! Looks beautiful. It looks like you and the fam had a great "love" day!

Vicki Lunt said...

Your couch is beautiful! So happy you finally made the "plunge!." hahaha! Heres to happy sitting (or nap taking??).

Those cookies look delicious! I can tell you worked really hard on them. They make my mouth water. :-)
Glad you had a great Valentine's Day (as usual). After all that's the Day that started all of this anyway isn't it?)

Love and miss you guys,

Mom,Vicki, Grammy

Brittanie said...

You're such a cute mom! What fun traditions and ideas for me. ;)
Love the new couch!

martha corinna said...

Great sofa!

We do the knock and run thing too!

i'm erin. said...

oh my gosh I got so excited looking at your blog today! I love new furniture, and I LOVE that couch. awesome...

Amy J said...

wooohooo! what a great valentines day! family time, fun, and a new sofa! cool.

J-ME said...

Love the couch! I also love olivia's little chefs hat, what a cutie!
Glad you guys had a good day. I also love the door-bell-ditchin valentines

Mama D said...

What an awesome Valentine's Day! You are very creative, especially with holiday celebrations. And that's a great couch!

Our Sweet Life said...

I'm so excited for you - I know you have been wanting a new sofa for some time. Love the colors of it and the pillows!

Lori said...

It looks like a great day. I love the couch, it is such a great feeling to get those first couches.