Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Good News & Bad

Good news first. I'm going to make it official and say that

CARTER IS POTTY TRAINED!

(knock, knock, knock on wood)
It's been nearly three weeks with no accidents during the day and staying dry at night. I've not used a pull-up for over a week and I've quit reminding him over and over that he needs to go potty. Hooray for Carter! I just really hope that we don't have a relapse in June when someone new invades his world.

(Olivia was pretending that Carter was her baby and he fell asleep. Carter is trying to give up napping all together, but still has a hard time making it to 5pm without zonking out wherever he is.)


Bad news is really just my own bad news. I took my wedding ring off over two weeks ago to put lotion on Carter and haven't seen it since. Talk about a sick feeling. I think it's around the house somewhere, I just don't know where since I've looked in all the obvious places about 1 billion times. I may just throw a party if I do find it. Not to mention, never take it off again!

10 comments:

Lori said...

Yay Carter!!! That is so exciting and I bet it is a huge relief. Good luck on finding your ring. That would make me just sick.

Sylvia said...

Oh no!!! So sorry about the ring. I lost my wedding ring a few years ago, too. Was it insured? That's the ONLY reason I got another one--otherwise, I'd be wearing one of Bailey's plastic ones.

Kayla said...

I hope you find your ring soon! I am upset because one of the tiny little diamonds on my engagement ring came out...I can't imagine how I'd feel if I lost the whole ring!

And that's so exciting about Carter!! I can't wait till Shelby is potty trained.

Patty said...

Way to go Carter! That is great news!
I hope you find your ring soon.

Steph and KO said...

So sorry about the ring! I lost mine last summer for a couple weeks. It's really frustrating when you can't find something, especially something as important as that! Hope you find it!

The Wacky Wilkins said...

Congrats on the potty training!!! Um . . . the wedding ring. I'm so so sorry. I lost mine after Tyler and I had been married about a year and half. Sorry to say it was gone gone . . . at least that's what I thought. He bought me another BEAUTIFUL ring a couple of years later and low and behold, what would show up after we moved into this house? My long lost wedding ring! So whatever you do, don't give up (and check all your pants pocket 80 times, that's where mine hid out for 3 1/2 years)!!

Cheril Lunt said...

I know the feeling... Been there done that type... Mine ended up in the couch... the problem was that i didn't find it until we sold it... It'll show up shayleen.. who knows maybe carter proposed to one of Olivia's dolls... LOL

Steve and Jamie said...

I feel your pain. I lost mine 2 months ago. Steve was not happy and I felt terrible. I hope it shows up!

Our Sweet Life said...

Way to go Carter (and mom :)! It is always a happy moment when your child is potty trained.
I am so sorry about your ring. I hope you find it soon.

chelle said...

YAY for Carter!
Ouch for the ring! Hope it turns up soon. The good thing is that you were at home. Maybe it will turn up when your not looking for it. Thats usually how things work for me anyway.