Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter 2009

Our Easter celebrations started on the 4th with the city's egg hunt. What a great way to get lots of candy.

Since nobody wanted to do anything but look at the Easter Bunny from afar, we killed some time on the swing at the park before the big egg hunt began.



Carter was a pro at filling his basket.



After calling it good, we let the kids sit down and dig in. What joy!

We had another egg hunt on Saturday the 11th, but since it was at our quarterly Primary activity (and I tend to keep kind of busy at those types of activities ;) I didn't get any pictures. Olivia had a great time at it though. We made a bunny bags (idea drawn from this) to put all the eggs in, watched a short movie, had a good egg hunt & then played Octopus tag. I found it fun to see how creative the kids were with their bunny bags.


Here are our Easter Sunday pics. Even though our church services don't begin until 2pm, I still didn't manage to get pictures before church. So these are slightly sloppy 6pm pictures. I didn't get time to find anything real nice for Carter to wear before Easter Sunday either (but I scored some great clearance buys (plus coupon savings) at Gymboree this week to make up for it:)



Olivia in her Belle dress.



I down played the Easter egg coloring this year. We only colored six eggs on Sunday night (time was short and we never eat them before they go bad). But after seeing how much they really loved doing it and wanting so badly to do a few more, I'll have to go back to my old ways and be better next year.

6 comments:

chelle said...

You always have great pics. Looks like fun. We were at Harbin Park the day of the hunt, showed up just befor eit started, but we were there to play lol. We had no idea it was going on! It looked crazy from afar though.

Lori said...

Sounds like a fun easter weekend. I like olivia's sunday dress.

Sylvia said...

Your kids are darling, Shaylene. They really are beautiful!

Kayla said...

I actually used all my colored eggs this year! I made deviled eggs twice. I usually don't use them all either
That's a beautiful Belle dress, Olivia!

Meadows Family said...

Your kids are adorable like always. Olivia's dresses are super cute. How is the pregnancy going?

Our Sweet Life said...

Love Olivia's dress! And I think it's a great shot of your kids on Easter Sunday (honestly, whether before church or after your kids are still going to look cute - they are just adorable!)