Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Changing of the Beds

We switched Carter into Olivia's room last weekend. (Now known as Carter AND Olivia's room.) I didn't know how he would handle the change, but he's done quite well. He still asks to sleep in all different places besides his own bed, but in the end, he USUALLY falls asleep in his bottom bunk. I do still have to use a stupid baby monitor for him though. Since he can wake up as early as 5am, I have to hear him before Olivia does or I'll have two kids up at 5am...it's happened already and it's not good.


Maybe someday I'll get to make coordinating quilts for their beds. Until then, this will do.
I need to enjoy this picture because I won't see Olivia's bed made that good very often. I am one of those that makes the beds every morning, but making that top bunk bed and my large abdominal area don't work very well together.



A few nights ago, Carter was having a hard time falling asleep in his own bed. He wanted to either sleep on the top bunk with Olivia or in the baby's crib. I told him it was either the floor or his bed. When I checked on my kiddo's before going to bed, this is what I saw...Olivia zonked on her top bunk and Carter was gone.



Oh wait, he was just under his bed.
If I remember right, when I was younger and shared a bed with my little sister, she also slept under the bed once. Only my mom didn't have such a easy time finding her with the bed skirt.
Maybe it's in the genes.

Also, yesterday, I went to get Carter up from his nap and he was climbing down from Olivia's top bunk. After inspecting the pillows (it's either sweat or drool...who knows?), it was obvious that he napped on the top. Olivia wasn't too excited about that ;)



I wasn't anticipating all the work that went into switching rooms, but I think we are done!
(That doesn't mean I'm ready to have this baby yet though.)

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun! Where did you end up finding the bunk beds? I'm in the market :)

Launa said...

Looks like the kids are having fun in the new bunkbeds. Oh how I remember trying to make the beds. I hate bunkbeds for that reason. They are so darn hard to make. Love Mom

kbradley said...

I love the white. I know all about making the top bunk. Yuck. It's not any easier when your not pregnant. Glad the nursery is coming along. It looks like you enough diapers to get the baby through potty training. :) Is there a name for the little one yet? Where are the picture of Shayleen? I know you don't like picks of the belly, but come one...you won't come vivit so I have to see one way or another!(we really do need to get together)

kbradley said...

boy, I noticed all the spelling errors...I must be in a hurry. Only 15 mins til Dylan gets home.

Anonymous said...

Shayleen!!! How dare you tell people about me falling off the bed and not knowing how I got there!!!I believe I was pushed under there, by my older sister whom I shared the room with.
love you!
Shell

Amy J said...

looks awesome! love that carter went under the bed. i would have totally freaked out trying to find him. lol

Our Sweet Life said...

How fun that they are sharing a room. These will be some of their favorite memories, and yours. Nothing like hearing your kiddos giggling with each other long after they have been tucked in. And although you say your not ready to have this baby - the picture of the nursery tells another story. So organized and stocked up on all the baby goods. Very impressive!!

Kayla said...

That's so funny about sleeping under the bed! I would have probably woken them up from laughing so hard.

chelle said...

I love the new beds. Very nice!
The quilts are bery cute too. I would keep them just as they are. Although if Carter still likes high heels, he may prefer the pink one. ;) (just kidding Aaron!!!)
Getting the nursery ready for the new baby was always one of my favorite things to do. Yours look great. All ready for the new lil one. :)
And can you come and clean my house?? Man, I wish my house looked like that. Especially right now with me not being able to do too much in the cleaning dept.!

Gabe & Hannah said...

I love the beds and your family is just so beautiful. Believe it or not I think I either missed the preggo news because I am so behind on BLOGGING or I totally forgot because I have so many kids that suck all the brain cells out of my head! Either way- I am so excited for y'all!!!

Lori said...

The bedrooms look cute. I also fell asleep under the bed once also and I freaked out in the morning when I woke up. How old was Carter when you transitioned him from the crib to a bed? Would you have to stay in there until he fell asleep or would he fall asleep on his own?