Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My deprived children

A few weeks back we took a big trek to Meijer. I hadn't planned on being there over two hours, but I got side tracked in the gardening section. I picked up most of my remaining garden needs (including cow manure) and after unloading that into the car, made my way back into get groceries. Since Olivia and Carter were relatively patient with me, we made a stop past the bakery for a free cookie. While checking out, Olivia spotted "Sandy." It's the mechanical horse you can ride for a penny. Sandy had disappeared for several months (while Meijer settled a law suit involving her) and so Olivia was so excited to see she was back. After tracking down some pennies (mine disappear whenever we have to walk past a pond that we can throw pennies into), Carter and Olivia took their turns on the racing horse. Then while walking to the van, Olivia helped me push the cart. Olivia let me know that "this is the best day ever! I got to get a cookie, ride the horse, push the cart AND we got Cow Manure!"
I'm so glad that a bag of poop helped to make her best day ever ;)



Last week we got to take a tour through a bakery. At this bakery, they make bagels & pita pockets. It was fun to see the ENTIRE process and we even got to bring home our own bagels & pita pockets. Mmmm.
My kids are in old t-shirts because that same morning, we had a laundry disaster! Carter had left a red crayon in his pants pocket and it got put through the dryer. Red spots all over everything! I cried (sad, but true). Luckily, I have been able to save almost the entire load. (After several washings & another trip to Meijer for a few new types of detergent.) Unfortunately, it did ruin one of my favorite maternity shirts. I'm debating whether it's worth it to replace it for the four weeks I have left. Probably not.

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

I can't believe you only have 4 weeks left, that is so exciting!! Time flies (for the non-pregnant people)!!

Katie Meadows said...

Ok I love reading your blog, you and your kids always seem to have so much fun! You are a great mom! I also can't believe you only have 4 weeks left, that is amazing. Do you have any names for your sweet girl yet?

Mama D said...

Such cute kids! I love that they went to the bakery with you. I was sad to miss it, but my kids had things going on.

Mama D said...

Oh - unless you are planning on having more kids so you can wear the shirt many times again, it is NOT worth replacing your ruined maternity shirt. (speaking from experience) I'm sorry one of your favorites got ruined...

Anonymous said...

what the heck is Meijer?? Hello we people from this side of the universe have no clue what that is!!! Am i stupid??? I am gonna feel gay if I should know what that is when you write back. Not cool about the crayon,I would have cried too!!!
Shells