Wednesday, May 06, 2009

My Fly Catcher

Olivia got this bug catcher for Easter and it's one of those toys that gets used almost everyday! (Yes, it's just like the one she got last year...but that one got ran over after being left on the car bumper.)Anytime there is a fly in the house, Olivia is on the hunt! She's caught several flies with some little tong thingies and kept them in her bug catcher until she decides to release them outside.
I'm actually quite amazed every time she catches one. She's got skillz ;)



I had just finished painting her nails and she goes outside to catch this little guy! (It's a toad)
The only bug that I've found her to be afraid of are bees (she's probably got that from me though).



When Carter gives up on trying to catch butterflies (playing Elefun) he is often found like this. He can stack all four nets over his head.




I've also noticed Carter taking a real liking to helping in the kitchen. He cut up onions and green peppers for dinner on Sunday. I think it helps that he has his own apron ;)
If only he would stop teasing Olivia with the butter knife that he's "going to cut you." It freaks her out.

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh Shayleen. I feel so impressed with you and yours. Your kids are so adorable. And you guys just seem to have such a house of order. Well, you don't seem to...you do! I love seeing all you do. Hoping you're feeling well as you enter the final stretch!

heather said...

SO cute. It is funny to me Olivia always looks so cute and girly but she loves to catch bugs and animals that some boys would be scared of.

Mama D said...

Such fun pictures! Your kids are adorable. I love the new beds and room arrangements.

Sarah said...

Fun bug catcher! Connor had one just like that last summer (We broke it after our beach vacation.) A great dollar store find! The only problem with it for us was that I had to do all the bug catching...She's not quite as brave as her friend. :)

Amy J said...

i still love the fact that olivia is sooooo girly, but loves the bugs! woot woot olivia!

chelle said...

Olivia is an amazing girl all around. So lady like and polite, but not afraid to get dirty! Just adorable.
And Carter is just as cute. I often see him lookin up to Olivia and admiring her. Or watching to see what she does so he can be just like her.
Can't wait to see how #3 will be!

Chelseanator said...

Your kids are so dang cute and fun! I too agree w/ everyone's comments about girly Olivia and bugs-that is awesome though! And I love that Carter is enjoying the kitchen time too. You have very helpful kids! It looks like you guys have been having a very fun spring! I can't believe that you are sooo close to having your baby-holy smokes! Where has time gone!?!?!?! I hope you are getting enough rest :] and doing great! And best of luck to Aaron w/ that thesis too-whoa! I have been a major slacker but hope to update everyone soon (as I keep saying...oh well) Best wishes!

Love, Chelsea

Vicki Lunt said...

I absolutely LOVE the picture of Olivia holding the toad. She looks like Aaron soooo much at that age! So darling! I think I remember her catching a baby toad when we were on our trip! :-)

Carter cracks me up with his "teasing" of his little sister. I know--probably easier to enjoy being on this end huh?
He is so darling like his big sister. Love the nets on his head.

Can't wait to see #3. Hope you are feeling good. Hope you have a good Memorial Day Weekend with Justin and his family.

Love,

Vicki/Mom/Grammy