Tuesday, July 28, 2009

three kids vs. one mommy

Obviously I'm still adjusting to three children. I can't find the time to get everything that I like to/need to done. I had this problem before Haylee arrived, but it's twice as bad now. It's okay though because as long as I'm getting sleep, I can deal with most things thrown my way. And yes, so far (knock on wood), I am getting adequate sleep :) Haylee had her best night just last night - 11:30pm to 7am! Woot!
Since we really haven't been anywhere this past month, I just have random pictures on the camera that are taken (mostly) around the house.

The camera can keep Olivia occupied for awhile:




Cute toesies



I do love a sleeping baby.



Thanks for the stickers Mom. They obviously didn't last long.



Carter wants a pinata for his birthday. The frugal side of me kicked in and decided to make one for free. What a mess. It's a darn good thing that I started it almost two weeks ago because it still isn't finished.



Here's what the Grandma's have been wanting...some "new" pictures of Haylee. I don't know what kind of goofy face this is.



Haylee has already started giving big smiles. I thought it was too soon, but it's an obvious thing.



Most of the smiles come when she's laying on her changing table and has no diaper on...



Olivia wanted to help me out by folding a load of laundry. What a sweetheart. I think. This is the completed task. Olivia said that when she finished folding them, she put them in a pile for me. This work of art took around 15 minutes. Thanks babe.



On Saturday, we were supposed to attend a Pioneer Primary activity at a local park. Instead, we sat through one of the worst lightning storms I've seen and then went home. Olivia was a little scared and wanted to be held. I was a little shaken up too...it was incredibly LOUD!



But before we got in the van, Carter had a little fun.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Very cute pics. I am glad you are finding some sleep. You look great. Keep the pics coming.

Launa said...

Shayleen, Haylee has certainly changed since I saw her last! She has really filled out in the face alot. Im glad Carter had fun with the stickers. The pinata looks fun. You are such a good mom!!! Give the kids kisses and hugs and tell them grandma misses and loves them. Thanks for the update. Keep them coming.
Love Ya Mom

Vicki Lunt said...

So glad to see more recent pictures of Miss Haylee. The first picture of her laughing reminds me of Shellee for some reason. I think it's so cute. Can't wait to get to hold her for the very first time this Friday!! Kirk and I are so excited. Hope you're not too stressed out. Don't worry about groceries please. We are bringing some stuff and then will go to the store Sat. K?

Olivia is getting pretty good with the camera huh? And the one of her with Aaron is exceptionally good. Man is she looking old!

And Carter just cracks me up. The stickers and then jumping into the water puddle. He is definitely all boy!

What a beautiful family you have. Hope we can be of some help to you while we are there!

See you soon. Love,

Vicki

Cheril Lunt said...

grands are not the only ones who love updates.. i do too... i really appreciate it esp. since i know how hard it can be to get them up with 3. You can do it... Your Super MOM... lol... i just put in my word verification and it was restedd... lol just thought that was pretty funny since your newest post was on sleep. I know I'm Lame...

The Waisath's said...

Oh my goodness.... All of this sounds so much like my life right now too!! Shayleen, we'll get through it! :) Thank heavens for Stickers, mud puddles, baby smiles, sleeping babies and daddies!!

Amy J said...

gooo carter! haylee looks so darn cute. i wish i could see her in real life. ahhh. how i want to eat her cheeks.