Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Halloween 2009

With the flu bug attacking my kids a few weeks ago, Halloween really snuck up on me this year. Nothing like finishing Olivia's costume the day of. We didn't get to do a few of the fun & traditional things that we've done in years past, but we still pulled off a memorable holiday for the kids (I think ;).

I was in charge of Olivia's class fall party this year. Ha. I honestly though it would be so easy. I mean, c'mon, how many Primary activities have I been over? Well, I was wrong! At least the pain only lasted one hour and the kids thought it was fun. Who knows if I'll ever get put in charge of one of those again.
Carter did get to come to Olivia's class party. They made these spider "hats" for their craft...pretty cute. (Thanks for the idea Erin)



Next year I have to remember to get the kids their OWN pumpkins to carve. One that they can do anything with and it won't matter. Luckily I had little pumpkins this year that they were happy with.


Here is Aaron's pumpkin this year.



The kids picked out this pattern for Aaron to carve.



Carter as Dumbo & Olivia the ghost.


Carter was hopeful that those big ears would help him fly, but in the end, he was happy to just pretend.



I can hardly believe that my kids picked out these costumes before October was even here and didn't change their minds during the course of the month. Pretty impressive. They say that they already know what they want to be next year, but I'm not holding my breath that they'll remember next year. One wants to be a bat and the other a witch. Guess who wants to be the witch...
(If you guessed Olivia, you are wrong.)



Moo-Moo Haylee in her hand-me-down costume.
She is a much happier cow than Carter was. I think her tail might even be wagging.

7 comments:

Launa said...

Hey Carter do you think you could fly to Utah with those fine dumbo ears. Then grandma could give you a hug and maybe some treats.
Olivia you look like a very scary ghost to me. I think if you would have come to my house I would have dropped the treats and ran and then you could have eaten all my treats. Oh and my little cow with the wagging tail and the great big cow eyes how precious you are. I wish I could have been there to give you all a treat and a great big hug and a kiss. Thanks for the pictures. Miss you and love you Grandma J.

Launa said...

Oh Aaron I forgot to tell you, that you do a great job with the pumpkins. They look really cool! Shayleen great job with the ghost costume.
Love ya both
Mom J.

cathy said...

Your kids are so beautiful. Seriously perfect features. Olivia looks pretty scary!

Chelseanator said...

Too cute! That cow is so adorable! She is getting so big and I love her other halloween photos too! It looks like your kids still have a great holiday and they are good sports! :] I'm so sorry they have been sick, that is so awful. I'm glad things are looking up and hope that the rest of you continue to be well! And huge congrats to Aaron-wow! That is wonderful and I'm so happy you have more free time! Keep enjoying fall!

Love, Chelsea

Lori said...

It sounds like you did a great job pulling off halloween. Way to go on making Olivia's costume, impressive. I can't even recognize her in her costume. I love the spider hats, always a hit with kids.

Amy J said...

That ghost is seriously freaky! I wish dumbo could fly here to say hi! Fun times :)

Mama D said...

Looks like the kids had a blast! Great costumes!!