Monday, January 18, 2010

SIX YEARS OLD!

My little Livy Lou turned a big SIX last Thursday!

She unwrapped her presents before Daddy had to go to work. Dorito's was the first thing she saw in the bag and she has enjoyed every chip! Like Father Like Daughter.




Olivia loves her Leapster, but Carter loves it more!


stick-on fingernails. so much fun. not. (I'm still finding them stuck in my carpet.)


Carter really wanted to try the stick-on fingernails too. I knew Daddy wouldn't approve, but I had to give in to the near tears.


Olivia's birthday dessert.
She was a little concerned that she only got one candle. It was a good thing though because it took her about six blows to get it out. She's never been good at blowing out candles.




Did I really just post this picture? Embarrasing!!! I'm so glad that none of the party guests cared!




Olivia/Cruella Deville ready for her first birthday party with friends.




Olivia's cooking party!
(disclaimer: Olivia really wanted to invite more kids, but had to limit her. I feel really bad that Olivia doesn't have a nicer mommy...that is why she was only allowed to choose four friends...what a mean mommy I am!)




Olivia had to verify with me several times that she would get to make her own lasagna, before confirming the "cooking party" decision. All the party guests seemed to love putting exactly what they wanted on it.








Top L to R: Connor's (only sauce and noodles AND she ate it), Olivia's (she let me know that it was just like I make it), Jane's.
Bottom L to R: Rachael's (didn't notice if that top layer of noodle turned hard after being in the oven or not), Emily's (she should have won an award for having the best looking pan of lasagna), Carter's (still hasn't taken a bite of it).




Coloring on the aprons while we wait for the lasagna to finish baking.




Say, "cheesy lasagna!"




Eating a yummy lunch of lasagna and salad sticks (the kids made those too...what fun!)




Olivia and her *apron* cake (in case you couldn't tell what that was). AND SIX candles.
We finished off the celebrations by taking Olivia to Kabuto's for dinner on Saturday. Hibachi was her choice and I am always fine with that! So yummy and lots of fun! Her favorite part was when they sang her a song in Japanese.

Happy Birthday to my sweet girl! Isn't it scary to think that she's 1/3 of an adult's age? Okay, no more birthdays for Olivia!!!

10 comments:

Katie Meadows said...

I LOVE that birthday idea...so cute and perfect. You are an awesome Mommy!!!

Mama D said...

What a FUN party!! Your apron cake turned out cute (and discernable). This is a great theme for a party.

Brittanie said...

What a cute party! You are not a mean Mom at least you LET her have a friend party. :)

Amy J said...

What a total awesome idea! fun fun. The cake looks really good. You did awesome. Happy Birthday Olivia!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Olivia. What a cute idea for a party. I love the cake, very creative. I think 4 kids for a first only kid party is perfect, not too overwhelming.

Robyn said...

Shayleen, is there nothing you can't do? For real. Will you plan my birthday party? Such cute ideas and such a darling girl. I can't believe she's so grown up.

Sylvia said...

What a COOL party idea!! That looked liked so much fun. And whatever, you are a very NICE mommy to throw a friend party that involved 6 kids and tomato sauce! And Happy Birthday Olivia!

kbradley said...

I love the party idea! I seriously hope I have a little girl one day so I can do this kind of stuff with her. Happy 6th, Olivia! I wish we could have joined you guys for habatchi, sound yummy!

Patty said...

What a fun party! You are so creative! And definitely not a mean mom to limit it to four friends... that just makes you a SANE mom!!
I love all the pics you post!

Chelseanator said...

I know this is super late but I didn't leave a comment the first time I looked at it. I can't believe Olivia is 6 years old either-wow! She is growing up fast and into such a beautiful, talented girl. Her birthday celebrations looks fabulous and like so much fun. That cooking party was so creative-whoa! I'd never thought about making personal lasgnas-so cool! And your cake is wonderful, so cute and perfect! You do a great job! Glad you all had so much fun!

Love, Chelsea