Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Florida with my parents

We got back on Sunday evening after being in Floriday for five days with my parents. I feel like we got to do a lot of things and it was all a lot of fun, but it's always nice to be home. This posting has lots of pictures!!

On Tuesday night, we stopped in Orlando to visit my first college roommate - Katie Meadows! I haven't seen her in several years! Katie has gotten even skinnier since college and I've gotten even fatter (for a good reason though, right?)!


Olivia loved playing with Katie's step-daughter, Kendra!


Olivia had to take cat naps in the car for those five days!


Wednesday (May 10th) we headed out to Key West! Olivia loved playing on the luggage cart. She called it her train.


After a long, but neat drive, we arrived in Key West! This is Olivia's first time at the beach! You could say it's mine too (unless you count Oregon). It was wonderful!!!


We didn't have time to put on the swim suits, but enjoyed wading our feet and the beautiful sandy beach!



I guess my dad didn't want to shed his shoes and socks!


I don't think Olivia wanted to leave!


What a great picture!

My first taste of Florida & I loved it!


Here is Olivia on the 'train' again! On Thursday we went to the Seaquarium in Miami (Key Biscayne).


Olivia loved the Flipper show & the Killer whale show!


Checking out all the fish in the coral reef.


While we were there, Olivia caught this shark...

haha!


Olivia did more pushing her stroller around than actually riding in it.


Amazed at the dolphin show.



Feeding the fish at the seaquarium.


Lots of cool species!


This one was eating the spilled fish food...Olivia was scared to get too close.


The seaquarium wore Olivia out. This is how she took many naps. She had to hold my hand and her baby doll's hand with her sippy cup in her mouth. Hey, when you are on vacation, the sippy cup can stay in the mouth if it helps!


My dad served part of his mission in Miami! While we were there, we found this church building that he went to.


On Friday we went to the Everglades National Park.


Lots of cool animals there too.


Olivia didn't want anything to do with the colorful grasshopper. Especially after it spit juice on her stroller, yuck!


We saw a lot of alligators!


Aaron in the Everglades.


Saturday we went to the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral. Olivia's obsession with stairs hasn't ended. She found some with a ramp to come back down.


Olivia playing in the fountain with Grandma Johnson.


My dad at the Space Center


We went on a bus tour of Cape Canaveral. Olivia's favorite part of this was her thinking she was on a school bus. She said she had to go to school and write her name.


Part of the tour. I had to sit down and rest a bit.


Olivia slept right through the Saturn 5 rocket exhibit on her daddy's shoulder!

How sweet!


When we got out of the Space Center on Saturday evening, our tire was too flat to drive on. The service guys got it filled up before Aaron switched it out for the spare though. Avis got us an even better van the next day:)

We had a great vacation in Florida! Thank you Mom & Dad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!
What a cool vacation for sure-and much needed too! I loved looking at all of the photos and can't wait to look again! :] It looks like a blast! That's so cool you went so far south, I had no idea-wow! And got to see old friends-which is the best, and so many cool, cool, and amazing places!

We loved the Florida beaches and water-its so yummy. I really loved Olivia's shark she caught-yikes! And I loved her expression at watching the dolphins-that's priceless. The catnaps in the car are so cute too-they are only cute when you are little like that-not when when your husband thinks its funny to take a picture of you napping!!! :]

Everything looked so interesting and fun it makes me want to go and check it out for sure. So very cool. I'm so glad you could go w/ your family and have such a blast! Wow, very lucky indeed and so cool. Thanks for sharing w/ us, its awesome!

Love, Chelsea

Spot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.