Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Key West backyard & the zoo #2

We have been needing things for Olivia to do outside because she's already bored with a backyard (part of that being that Mommy doesn't enjoy being out in the heat though). Well, since we still have a couple of moves ahead of us before we can truly settle down into a house, and Aaron doesn't want any large toys for the backyard, I got this small bin (more bins for Shayleen:) with a bag of sand for Olivia to play with last week. I can't remember who gave me this idea - you know who you are. Thanks! I really won't mind throwing out $2 worth of sand when we move.
It's probably easier clean up too because she can't actually sit in the sand.


It's like Key West on our back porch. (yeah right!)
We made our second trip to the zoo today. It wasn't a long visit though because I don't handle walking around in 90 degree humidity very good right now. I could have sat down and watched the monkeys for much longer than Olivia wanted to though! They were so playful and fun! They were even 'singing' to us from the treetops. It was so funny. Pictures don't capture that though!


Olivia and the White Lion. He was eating breakfast - a BIG raw steak.


Myself, baby brother, Olivia and a rhino.


Aaron and Olivia checking out the polar bear!



Olivia had her first carousel ride! I hadn't been on one of these since I was a kid. They really are kind of fun (especially when you have one very excited 2 year old riding next to you). Olivia was so diappointed when it was over!


Olivia and her huge humming bird.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh Shayleen, I am so excited to make my own sandbox! But not for a while yet. Those kinds of things are still too tempting for little boy's mouth. You always have such great ideas, borrowed and original.

Again, I am longing to go to the zoo. It looks like so much fun for the whole family. You are looking gorgeous and really no different from when you left Georgia. Just a few more weeks!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous and very fun idea! Way to go Mom! It looks like Olivia is very content! What a nice break! I'm so very glad you had a better visit to the zoo this time. It looks like an awesome zoo. I really liked the polar bear exhibit and the hungry lion in the background! Makes me want to too :] You girls look darling. I love Olivia's braids and you are looking awesome! Its coming so soon! Hang in there!

Love, Chelsea