Saturday, July 22, 2006

Minivan Mom

I didn't think this huge purchase would come along before our little baby did, but today was the day. This was mine and Aaron's biggest purchase since we've been married (besides Aaron's education:)! I think we are both happy with it though...it's only been a few hours and so give us a bit of drive time for it to sink in. Thanks to all my friends who offered their advice on the minivans they had.
Well, we ended up getting a 2000 Toyota Sienna. It will be so nice to open the door and have the car seats right there! I might actually get out of the house with two kids now. I really am excited to have such a purchase behind us. Shopping for a used vehicle isn't easy! Here are a couple of pictures that I pulled off the internet.



This beast handles a lot differently than my little green machine!




What do ya think?

5 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Well, well, well! Congratulations!! I know you've wanted a minivan for awhile. You are officially a "mom" now! :-) Can't wait to see some pics of you actually in the driver's seat and your two kiddies strapped in and ready to go. Yea!!!

Robyn said...

Do I spy leather seats? If I do then you are the luckiest girl around. Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so lovingly envious of your van. I can't wait to join your ranks!

Cheril Lunt said...

CONGRATULATIONS> I am excited that you guys FINALLY got a mini van. It looks so snazzy. and of coarse it's RED..

Anonymous said...

Sweet!

I'm so happy you got your Minivan! I knew you really wanted it and am glad it came in time! Phew! It will be so wonderful I'm sure. You are total an 'official Mom'-moving up from a little car to a bigger mobile :] Lucky! Enjoy it and hope everything goes well!

We just got back late last night from family camping in MT so I'm way behind in emails but hope to catch up. Thanks for the little update-i'm super excited for you and hope to write you soon. I really, really hope too that you can wait until your Mom gets here to have that baby boy! Hang in there, we'll be praying for you but it sounds like you've got things taken care of and lots of luck on your side! And don't worry I'll come clean your house for you! :]

Love, Chelsea

Anonymous said...

I'm so tickled for you guys! If anyone deserves to get this minivan you two do. Congratulations! Just in time for the wee one, too! That's really cool!.

Love ya lots,

Vicki/Mom