Saturday, August 05, 2006

Carter Henry Lunt

He's finally here!




Due July 28th and born seven days later. I had my OB check up on Wednesday and it was then decided to induce me the following day. I'm glad because the time that my mom would be here was getting shorter and shorter. Plus, I was very ready to have this little guy out of my belly. After a big lunch at CiCi's pizza, Aaron and I went to the hospital at 2pm on Thursday, August 3rd. They started me on pitocin shortly after. Darn that back labor - it got me again! I'm not even sure that my epidural took very good because I acted like one of those ladies you see on TV that didn't get any drugs. Aaron even told me I needed to pull a Katie Holmes and let our baby come with no yelling...haha! Anyhow, I did it! I mean, WE did it! Aaron was a huge support and held my hand the whole way through it all. Olivia only weighed in at 7 lbs 9 oz and so maybe that is why this birth was much more difficult. Our little guy seems happy and healthy! The pedicatrician even said there are no signs of hip dysplasia! Hooray! Enjoy the pictures - dating back to August 1st!



Olivia loved this firecracker popsicle - it stained her face for a day or two.



She loves her new Dora jammies.



My mom brought Olivia over to the hospital after her nap on Thursday before my labor got too bad.



Here he is! (He still has antibiotic in his eyes)
Compared to the previous picture, I look a little 'deflated', don't I?


Before he's taken his first bath.



Olivia marched right in the hospital room on Friday looking around for her new baby brother. It was love at first sight!!!




Daddy gave Olivia a few instructions on how to handle this little bundle.



I can hardly believe that we are a family of 4!



I'm able to smile because this recovery seems to be going so much better than Olivia's did!



Carter loves his daddy!



He loved his first car ride. Even though he was hungry before we left the hospital and we decided to wait until we got home to feed him, he still fell asleep - maybe it's the new minivan:)

Olivia kept her eyes on him the whole way home.



We got home today just after lunchtime - it's so nice to be here!





Olivia had an exhausting day too.



Wide eyed!



Olivia is showing Carter the picture she colored for him. She was happy to see him looking at it.

Well, we're happy to be home! We asked Olivia if she wanted to return Carter to the hospital and she gave us a very firm 'NO'!
Aaron starts A-course next week and has been told to plan on being gone until 9pm every night. Aaron actually had to miss his first class on Friday morning.
I feel very blessed right now! My mom is a huge help right now and has taken over my 'chores' and I have a happy, healthy family! What more could a girl want?
ps I'll post some videos at a later date - I need to go to bed!

14 comments:

Meadows Family said...

Shayleen,
He is beautiful and you look great already! I am so happy for you and I can't wait to hear all about it. Call me when you are up to it!
Congratulations and enjoy having Baby Carter at home. Olivia is going to be such a wonderful big sister!
Love ya,
Katie & Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Shayleen, Aaron, Olivia and Carter! I am so glad to know that everyone is healthy and happy. You are a beautiful family. Olivia seems to enjoy him alot. Wish we could be there. I'm glad your mom is there to help you. Aren't moms great?! We love you and wish you the best. Take care, Love, The Couch's

Robyn said...

Hip hip hooray! Matt brought me in here to see this with a sly look on his face and I thought he'd found a roach or something. But it was actually sweet Carter! We sat riveted and "oohed" and "aahed" at all the right times. He is so beautiful! Congratulations!

By the way, that buckle on his carseat looks so HUGE and it's probably the size of Jacob's. It's so big it looks like a big joke bow tie or something.

Congratulations again! We're so happy for you guys!

Love,

Matt, Robyn & Jacob
(This momentous occasion merited a comment from the whole family).

Anonymous said...

shayleen-
ahh carter is so cute cannot wait to see him! Olivia looks like she is going to be a big help, Tony thinks that he looks more like an anthony though:) so adorable sorry that aaron has to be gone so much!
love ya and hang in there i'll come help ya when tony is gone after were married.
love tone and shell

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful, of course!! Congrats!!! Glad to hear everyone is happy and healthy. Love and miss you all!! Take care, hope to see you all soon. Rachelle

kbradley said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to meet him. Shayleen you are amazing having this baby with a no epidural. Glad everything went well and you are home. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

WOWOWOWOW!!! Big Time Congrats!
Very cool, so wonderful for you all! We are so happy and so excited for you and your family. I've been dying everyday wondering if you had the baby yet but didn't want to email and bother you and didn't want to say the wrong thing either. I'm so surprised it just happened but so glad it did finally :] he had to come out! hee hee. You are soo good to post too, wow on that! Thanks for doing that. The pictures are spectacular, so speical,sweet, and cute. We really like the ones w/ Olivia, what a great big sister. Its going to be a big change for you all but I think you've got a lot of awesome help! Best of luck, especially w/ Aaron being gone so much. I hope your Mom gets to stay a decent amount of time. He's darling and looks like he's going to be one big Sports fan! Take care! And hope you can get some sleep :]

Love, Chelsea & John

Anonymous said...

Shayleen and Aaron~ Thanks for getting the pictures and everything posted so quickly. Seems like you never miss a beat! I may be prejudice, but Carter is going to be a looker! He already is just like his big sister, Olivia! We wish we could be there to share this with you in person, but we'll be seeing you all before too awfully long I think. Take care and get rest whenever you can! Thanks to you Launa for being there and for being such a great support to the kids. Love to everyone...

Steph and KO said...

Hey guys! You made it Shayleen! First of all, I love the name. It was on my list. He is such a cutie and it looks as though Olivia is in love. That is wonderful to see. Your family is growing and I know the minivan is a huge asset. CONGRATS!! Get some rest. We are thinking of you all.
Steph, K, and kids

Anonymous said...

Shayleen and Aaron...how exciting. I'm so impressed you have the energy to post all these pictures and keep everyone informed. Great job. He's adorable and Olivia is precious. She's so blonde...

Love to you...

Edye, Maddi, and Olivia

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

YAHOO!!! I knew you had had the little guy! He looks great and Shayleen, you look AMAZING! The Lunt family is so cute and darling. A big congrats to Mom and Dad on another cute kid! And I love the name!! I love last names for first names for boys. Congrats again!! :-)

Paula said...

It is too cute! Congrats Shayleen and Aaron.

i'm erin. said...

Shayleen congrats!!! you have such a beautiful family and you look absolutely amazing! I love your pictures. Erin

Paula said...

by it, i mean the blog and your new baby boy....I really didn't mean to call your baby an "it"