Sunday, August 13, 2006

Thanks Mom!

My mom just left Cincinnati yesterday after spending two weeks with us. This last week was the most important as I didn't do any laundry or cook any meals (well - except Aaron's birthday dinner)! It has made this post partum experience much easier. I think I also got a lesson from when I had Olivia to accept help this go around. Aaron had EEDP orientation bootcamp this past week also and that required him to be gone all day - usually until around 7pm. I would have truly gone crazy if my mom hadn't been here! It was very hard to say good bye to my mom yesterday, but I knew it was time that she get back to her mom duties and that I get started with my NEW mom duties. Thanks again Mom for EVERYTHING!
Now here are more pics.

Aaron snuggling with his kids. (Olivia doesn't always wear jammies all day - these silky nightgowns that she always has on are actually her 'princess dresses' and she asks to wear them from the time she rolls out of bed every morning.)


Does it get any sweeter than this?
Aaron really is a super dad with work, school and family:)


Speaking of sweet...Olivia licking the beater (she calls it a sucker) after mixing Aaron's birthday cake.


The 9 candles are actually 2 + 7 (get it?)

2 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Johnson Journal said...

CONGRATULATIONS, MAMA! Sorry this is coming so late. Your little baby Carter is so sweet! He really is beautiful! (or handsome...) I LOVE the minivan! I know it's such a big step to evolve into the minivan mom, but it's fun, isn't it? You look wonderful! Take it easy and enjoy the ride!! Love, Bobbi