Tuesday, September 12, 2006

$3 worth of "new" backyard toys

Gotta love it when the neighbors have a yard sale and they are clearing their garage of children's things!


Glad I waited (like Aaron wanted me to) to get Olivia a bike.



The other toy that made my total $3!! I know, I can hardly believe it myself!




Carter likes the princess bed too...he zonked out while I was busy with Olivia.



Desperate for a walk yesterday, I gave in (BIG TIME) and let Olivia wear her princess 'dress' (remember, it's actually a night gown) and glass slippers around the neighborhood. She had a cute little patriotic outfit on underneath it all. It was a very rough day yesterday and it wasn't all because of the tears I shed remembering the day 5 years ago. Olivia shed MANY tears because she hates to hear Carter cry...that made two crying children for much of the day. Ahhhh!




My little guy smiles so much already! It's absolutely adorable! This day seems to be going MUCH better!




Another zonk out. I had put him down for some tummy time and checked on him a few minutes later to find this! I don't know what is up with the thumb...I am a paci pusher! (Only because I think it's easier to wean a child of a paci than a thumb.)

8 comments:

Meadows Family said...

Well I hope your day is going better today. I know all about having 2 kids crying at the same time...it is too much sometimes! I can't believe the adorable smiles on Carter already, that is just the cutest thing. And even though you don't like the thumb sucking, and I don't either, it is just so cute on a new baby! Oh yeah, I put some more bows up so you'll have to check them out!

Katie

Cheril Lunt said...

Getting things for way cheap is ALWAYS so much fun. I have to agree on the thumb sucking only because my girls suck thier thumbs. We are trying to break Madison of her thumb sucking and now she "tells" us she is going to suck her thumb because she is a baby. Having two kids cry is always a challenge, but your such a good mom!!!! love the post

Robyn said...

Shayleen, this post is again a winner! I can't believe your finds! There's nothing like paying next to nothing for some quality kid gear. I am sure Olivia is in heaven with her very own work station out in the back yard.

They both look so cute (particularly Carter's sweet smile) and happy...despite a rough day.

Anonymous said...

Man you got a steal of a deal for sure! That is so awesome!!!! I love 'garabage sales' aka garage sales! You never know what you'll find. Good job, it looks like everyone is so happy. Carter is looking cuter and cuter all the time and growing so fast-wow! Great post!

Love, Chelsea

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

I love that last picture of Carter! Sleeping babies are so cute!!

And thumbs up on all of Olivia's new gear. You're so thrifty, it's inspiring!! :-)

Anonymous said...

You are so dang good! keyboard still broken. Thanks for taking such good care of us and for the recipe. love you! Shonte

Anonymous said...

shayleen-
oh my heck did you really get that bike and cute table for only 3 dollars? that is great. carter has already chaged so much since i last saw him. take care.
love shellee

i'm erin. said...

Shayleen, I am so glad that you love yardsales too!!! I am such a junkie. That is awesome.