Sunday, July 22, 2007

better to stay home than to 'go out'

When I looked through my pictures to post this week, I noticed that they are all taken at home. It reminded me of a talk I heard in church a few weeks ago that a friend gave. Mentioned in it was the fact that the media persuades us to think that it's better to 'go out' than to stay home. That stuck out to me because I'm always longing to go somewhere. We did have fun at home this week though!
What post would be complete without a picture of someone eating?
Carter is actually getting pretty good at spoon feeding himself.
Keep scrolling - Carter has learned to feed himself more than just yogurt.

A new favorite discovery for my two kiddies...sitting on the back of the couch (we try to fool you all, but it's actually still the futon) and then sliding down. Carter loves it and Olivia just loves to give the extra push to get him started.

Olivia loves to pretend sleep! She comes up with a lot of creative ways to make a 'bed' in the living room. This weeks bed of choice - clean clothes and a laundry basket. Soft, cozy, and just the right size for my little 3-year-old.




Carter on the other hand, will have NOTHING to do with pretend sleep. He loves to climb up on the fireplace just to see me shake my head and hear me say, "no, no."


The mosquito's have always had a thing for me. Even if it's only the lower leg they can get to (because I always wear capri's). Well, Olivia did a great job of doctoring me up with her bandaids. Thank you my sweet Olivia, they feel better already!


Okay, so maybe we didn't stay home the entire week. Aaron and I actually had our 2nd real date this year. Carter and Olivia enjoyed their time at the Merrell's home while Aaron and I hit some balls at the batting cages. It was so fun and very therapeutic. Too bad that I forgot the camera. I think I need to join a softball team though! Anyhow, Olivia was wore out when she got home. She actually fell asleep during a movie. It was a very proud moment for me...she's following in my footsteps (I can't make it through a movie without falling asleep to save my life!).



When Carter woke up from his nap, he decided it was time for Olivia to wake up too.



Carter loves anything that resembles a ball.


He's been practicing how to hold a football when he's running for the touchdown.


Meanwhile, Olivia is snoozing away. Carter's hugs didn't even phase her.


Here is the other thing that Carter has discovered he can eat by himself...MUD!
Such a boy!

6 comments:

Meadows Family said...

I loved that entry...you have some seriously adorable kiddies. And your bandaids from Olivia, wow they are impressive.. And Carter being able to spoon feed himself already, that is so awesome...he is so stinkin' cute! I wish you lived closer to us...that would be a ton of fun!

Leslie said...

What a great post! Your kids are soooo adorable and so well behaved! I'm glad that we could wear out Olivia for you. I guess I shouldn't take any credit, I'm sure it was Ben who really wore her out!

Pampered Princess said...

Was that real mud or mud pies? My favorite would be dirt cups made with oreos and pudding. You can leave out the gummy worms!

Anonymous said...

Such happy and cute kids! Its ok to be at home too when you are having so much fun! Your kids are so adorable. Carter is so funny just like his sister. I think he's going to be a natural at sports. I loved the badages and was at first worried that something really bad had happened to you (at first glance) What a sweetheart. I hope all of the house projects are going good. I can't believe its coming up on a year for Carter-whoa!!! This month especially has whizzed by. Keep enjoying and good luck!

Love, Chelsea

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Man, we miss you guys! Olivia and Carter are awesome! I can't believe Carter's birthday is coming up (and Aaron's too). He is such a little guy - definitely NOT a baby anymore.

Corrie- said...

Those bandaids are terrific. Maybe Olivia will be a doctor one day. I can't believe she slept through all of Carter's loving. What a pair!