Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Birthday Dear America!

"It's America's birthday!" This was Olivia's favorite phrase today. We enjoyed our holiday, but first...
Olivia loves to make her own bandaids. She cuts an odd shaped piece of paper, writes on it, and then tapes it to her sores. You should all try this - it really cuts back on the cost of bandaids.

I think my little monster needs another buzz, don't you?


Olivia surprised me with some playdoe birthday cake this week. She even made her own candles for me to blow out. It was great. (The eating utinsels with the yellow playdoe on the top are the candles with flames.)


Carter's new thing - he won't allow me to feed him with a spoon unless he has one too. He's trying!


Carter enjoys our "Lucky Ducks" game as much as Olivia does.

Olivia reading to Carter while he was way up in his high chair.


Carter loves to push our chairs all over the place. He doesn't stop until the wall makes him.


Little stinker obviously knows how to pull the cap off markers - this one happened to be the color black!


The City of Fairfield (where we live) has all their Independence Day festivities on the 3rd of July. Our neighborhood has a wonderful view of the firework show. I'm sure Olivia will appreciate it more when she gets older. Meanwhile, we had a great time at a party our friend's (& neighbor's) house.



Carter loved the fireworks! He danced and cheered the whole time.
I also think he was surprised that the sun actually goes down. He usually goes to bed before the sun does and rises SHORTLY after it does.

Aaron and I were going to stop with our house projects today, but the weather kept us home. Aaron worked on finishing our banister to the basement.

Olivia helped me shuck corn for dinner.


We also made America a birthday cake. (I'll use any excuse to make a cake.)


Olivia wouldn't get close enough to the flames though to blow out the 2-3-1 candles.

Thank you to all the servicemen who make our country what it is - FREE! I especially thank my friends and family who serve so bravely - Colby, Todd, McKay, etc. Love you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, where to start?

This post is awesome, all of the photos are adorable and so great. I still can't believe how fast Carter is growing-he gets cuter all the time, even w/ crazy hair and marker mouth. You totally have your hands full w/ him-yikes! Olivia is so sweet and I loved her phrase too and especially the flag cake. That is soo cute. You can just tell how much she loves to cook and create.

I'm so glad you guys had such a great day. Yeah, its soo hard to stop on the house projects-believe me. We were doing them too. I hope its going good and you guys are enjoying it! Thanks for the fantastic post!

Love, Chelsea

Launa said...

Shayleen I love all the pictures they are so cute. I love Carters hair don't cut it! He looks like the little baby I left 3 months ago. Tell Olivia I love that cute birthday cake it's way cool. Olivia grandma really loves those cool bandaids. Make me some for may sores and Shellee wants to now if you can make one big enough for all her sores. I love you all and miss you! Grandma Johnson

Corrie- said...

Shayleen, your blog is terrific! You really take fantastic photos too. I'm so glad we're neighbors, I'm looking forward to more parties with you :)

Meadows Family said...

I totally love how you are always making a cake for something...I wish I thought to do stuff like that more often. Anyway, your kids are cute as always!!!

cami said...

I love all the pictures of the kids!! They are soooo adorable. I love your blog too! It sounds like you guys have a lot of fun! We miss you so much and hope to see you when you come back to visit.