Tuesday, September 18, 2007

LOVEland

I love Loveland bike trail. Since the temperatures dropped on Saturday, Aaron and I decided it was time to enjoy a Saturday (even though we still have so much to get done in the yard). We met some friends for a lovely bike ride...
Aaron was using his clipless pedals for the first time outdoors and so I pulled the trailer. We didn't want any wrecks caused from the new biking shoes. I enjoyed being able to pull the trailer. I could hardly tell it was there except for when I had a head wind. Oh, and of course when I could hear Carter crying right behind me. I snapped this picture while we were pedaling down the road.

Aaron probably could have pulled the trailer though because he did great with the clipless stuff. No wrecks yet! My friend, Karen, is next to Aaron and in front of Aaron is Ken & their children.


Karen found this great park to stop and eat lunch at.


Carter loved being out of the trailer (he wasn't real happy while he was in there).


Weeee!


Carter in the helmet...which he HATED!

Can you tell?


I finally threw all safety precautions to the wind and took the helmet off. He's a bit happier, but still wants out of the trailer.


Aaron was sporting new gear that he got for his birthday...new bike shoes, clipless pedals & a new cycle computer. Whit Woo!


We tried to fit our bikes in the back of the van, but it didn't work. So, we all squeezed into the old green car and put the bike hitch on to haul the bikes to Loveland. While it's fun to occasionally squeeze into the car, I'm grateful to be a Minivan Mom!
More biking pics here!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

What a fun outing, and what perfect weather for it!! Darling pictures, as usual!

heather said...

That looks so fun! Obviously I am not in the biking loop because I don't know what clipless pedals are and I didn't know there were special shoes you can where. Suddenly my cross trainers seem quite boring.

Meadows Family said...

That looks like you guys had a great time. I want to get a bike and the pull along for the kids, but Spencer said no for now... But I have plans for that in the future. Carter is getting so big, he is adorable and feels the same about his helmet as Kaylie does for hers....pure dislike :) And Olivia is stinkin' adorable like always.

Pampered Princess said...

Your bike ride looks heavenly! You are such fun parents!

Anonymous said...

Oh I totally agree w/ everyone else! It looked so wonderful and what a fantastic family event! Aren't you just LOVING AUTUMN!!!! I can't get enough of this beautiful coolish weather-I hope it lasts! That is so cool you guys could all to that w/ your friends. It looked so wonderful and fun. I didn't know Aaron was so into biking-wow, how cool! John and I want to get some bikes to ride-well I mean bicycles this time :] Your kids are so cute! Good for you for having so much fun! Keep enjoying!

Love, Chelsea