Sunday, September 23, 2007

My pet named Peeve.

A fellow blogger once posed the questions, "What annoys you? What are your pet peeves??"
Hooray! I wanted to post four pet peeves when I was tagged several posts back, but I was afraid I would sound too pessimistic. (btw, this fellow blogger is not a pessimistic person at all!)
I will limit my peeve's to just four...
One thing I love about having a home in Fairfield is the recycling program. It's great to set my recyclables in a separate bin next to my garbage can on garbage day. When I have gone walking on garbage day though, I always find something that just gets me. Ragu/Prego type bottles that are still red with sauce & milk jugs with a few ounces of rotting milk in the jug. C'mon people - rinse the stuff out or just throw it in the trash can.
Now I could be wrong here...maybe the recycling companies don't care if they get garbage in the recycling bin. Maybe they are able to clean it and still recycle it. Let me know if I am wrong.
Number two. I hate sitting in my car at a traffic light with my children strapped in behind me and then have that smell of cigarette smoke drift into my vehicle. I really hope that I don't offend any readers that do smoke or used to. (Maybe this is the reason I didn't post my pet peeve's before now.) I just don't care to smell that when I'm sitting in my own vehicle with the windows rolled up, trying to stay cool with my AC on. Anyhow, moving on...
Speaking of traffic. That leads me to numero tres. I call this peeve, "half-a-left-turn." I inherited this peeve from my dad. (He also gave it the special name.) Let me explain what this is exactly. Using the middle/turning lane to pull out into before actually entering their direction of traffic. The reason I hate this is because I'll be going down the road, see a car start to pull out, and not know if they are going to stop in the middle (hence the "half") or just pull on out. So I have to slow right down anyway until I figure out what they are going to do.
If you think I struggle with road rage from reading the last two peeves, I can assure you that I really don't.
Last and probably least too (because I have taken care of this problem by not shopping at this store since). Stores that stock their shelves on Saturday afternoon. I'm talking about A LOT of boxes in the middle of the aisles during a very busy shopping day and time. When you have kids, you have to hurry in and out, the window of good behavior is not long when you are grocery shopping. So when big stocking boxes are blocking the aisle, I take my business somewhere else. Somebody let me know when Meijer gets a night crew.

There you have it. Four of my pet's. Feel free to share yours.

Alright, I have to post something positive to balance this out...

Olivia and her very good friend!

7 comments:

Patty said...

I can totally relate to your pet peeve about smelling cigarette smoke in your car. I used to smoke and have to admit that a smoker's mentality is not one that is very polite or sensible. I swear nicotine makes people think that what they are doing is fine! Since I quit smoking I came to realize just how rude and inconsiderate I often was and how many people I must have offended. So on behalf of all ignorant smokers out there... here's my belated apology!
By the way, I can't stand being anywhere near smoke any more- in the car, outside a store, in a crowd... Yuck!!

Meadows Family said...

Funny posting....it was a laugh to hear you write about pet peeves. I agree with you on all of them. Well enjoy your day...I have to go get mine started :)

Love, Katie

Mama D said...

Thanks for linking my post! That's a first. :]

I agree with your pet peeves, especially the recycling and smoking ones. Along with that, how about putting the carts in the stalls in the parking lot instead of leaving them in the middle of a parking space? How hard is it to walk a few spaces down, or to rinse out a jar before recycling it?!

Common courtesy...

Steve and Jamie said...

Thanks for the invitation! Cute pictures and cute blog. I was looking through your older blogs and I realized that we were in Florida at the same time last year. We flew into Orlando and drove down the coast to Key West. We'll have to exchange strange Florida people stories. We had a great time, but I think half the weirdos in the country live in Key West.

Corrie- said...

Ok, sorry you had to explain the half-left turn to me. I can be a little spacey sometimes! I have that petpeeve too. I also agree about the cigarette smoke. Two of my many pet peeves are commercials that are louder than regular tv programs, and couples that make out at church.

i'm erin. said...

I love the half a left turn phrase. I agree with You! Half a left turners should be banned from the road!

Gabe & Hannah said...

Shayleen- I LOVE your blog and catching up on your precious family. It looks like y'all have a great life. Your kids are beautiful! I have not seen you since Olivia was a baby. She is a beauty and that little Carter is just as cute as ever. Thanks for sharing your blog with me...I'll enjoy keeping up with y'all from that. Any trips to GA planned??