Monday, January 28, 2008

Growing up is a good thing

I haven't posted in awhile because I really didn't think I had much to post about, but after really thinking about it, I've actually come up with some things.
Olivia had her annual appointment with the famous (or infamous) Dr. Crawford. He is her orthopedic surgeon. We were instructed that while her hips are not perfect, they still have potential and that he wants them looking great by the time she is six years old or he'll fix them. It's actually just one hip and when you compare her xrays just taken to her xrays while casted, it's a beautiful thing to see the progress they have made. It really makes all those days of dealing with having a baby in a near body cast worth it. We'll find out in a few years though for sure!
Carter attended nursery for the first time yesterday. He still has two more weeks before the big 18-month milestone, but a kind nursery leader let him in a few weeks early. He did okay. No tears. Close, but still...no tears!
Olivia loves being a Sunbeam. She is learning to sign the words to "I am a Child of God" and can already put me to shame at it. I need more practice!
I could only find one new picture from the last two weeks to share.



With the cold temps, Aaron has used up our big box of logs in the fireplace. The kids seem to like it though.

9 comments:

Mama D said...

I remember that near-full body cast! How awesome that Olivia's hips are doing so well!

And it's great that Carter is in the nursery! Wish I could see Olivia sitting with the Sunbeams!

For me, milestones are both happy and sad moments...

Vicki Lunt said...

You guys have accomplished alot this year! So glad Olivia's hips are looking so great! What a blessing! We'll hope and pray that they continue to progress (no surgery).

Wow! I can't believe Carter's made it to the nursery. Doesn't seem possible. And, how can Olivia possibly be a Sunbeam? Braden and Madison also became Sunbeams this year (the three Amigos~~cousins) as well. They are growing up so fast!

Thanks for the updates. Love and miss you guys.

Love,

Vicki/Mom/Grammy

Gabe & Hannah said...

I didn't realize your Carter and my Ella were so close in age...actually I think I remember that they might have the same birthday...Aug 4th??? We are ready to start nursury too...but I'm sure we'll have LOTS of tears. Both of the brothers in the pictures are single...but one is sort of gay or at least living that way right now and the other is preparing for a mission. You may have just seen that post that I had up for like a milisecond...my mom thought I should take it down until all the family was made aware...so SSSHHHH... :)anyway...I love keeping up through the BLOG thing. Take care!

Robyn said...

Belated happy birthday to Olivia! And happy "hips with potential"! I still remember how my respect for you quadrupled when I saw that hot pink cast and heard about what you went through to keep her clean, happy, etc. Congratulations!

martha corinna said...

I totally forgot about Olivia and her hips.
Good job on the nursery, I am counting down the Sundays, only like 18 to go.

chelle said...

I am glad you posted about Olivia. I have been meaning to ask how her hips were doing the last few times I saw you! What great news.
Wahooo for Carter. I can't believe he is 18 months old already!

Steve and Jamie said...

I'm so glad Olivia's appointment went well. I hope she doesn't have to have surgery--even though Dr. Crawford is the best.

Amy J said...

So crazy you posted on Olivia's hips. Just last night I was wondering how that was going. I think it popped into my head as I was reading over my sunbeam lesson for sunday. Lol. I would give anything to have her in my class. I think the oldest one out of all mine turned 3 during the summer.:) I just love blogs.

Anonymous said...

I remember that hot pink cast too! Oh my! That is so exciting about the news. We really hope everything keeps working out smoothly too. Congrats w/ Carter and nursey too, that's awesome. I still can't believe how fast they grow also. Hope it continues great also! Good luck!

Love, Chelsea