Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Carter's Remedies

Carter has had a rough couple of days. From not being able to breath at night to sounding like a barking seal to the cold, cough and ear infection he has now. Oh, and let's not forget the three shots he got today at his 18-month-old check-up. What is going on? So much for me trying to get him sleeping through the night! Luckily, we do have a few remedies that help him feel better:
Ice Cream! It worked like a charm to help the fat lip he received from taking a long, hard fall down the stairs.

Chapstick (or stick glue...according to Carter, they have the same healing effect.)


Going Outside!

I wonder when he'll slow down enough that I can add "watching a movie" to this list.

10 comments:

Cassie Rakes said...

Poor boy, that sounds like the pits. But man he sure is cute!!! Hope YOU get that movie in as well.

Patty said...

Poor little guy. That's a lot to be dealing with all at once. And poor Shaylene- it's not easy being the Mom either!!

Lori said...

Poor guy. I hope he gets better soon.

AJ said...

I feel your pain Carter. I am working on getting over my third horrible cold. (and that's all from just Christmas) I hope you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Two words......Pure BOY!!!

:] man oh man. I'm so sorry for both of you. I sure hope all of his tumbling and sickness go away soon. That's so cute and awesome about the ice cream-way to be creative and yummy!!! I think all hte bumps and bruises are just a start-good luck!

Love, Chelsea
p.s. sorry i haven't commented, we got to go to MT at the last minute! :] it was fabulous!!! i'll have to try to email to update soon

Amy J said...

oh, poor carter. Poor mom I should say. Not breathing well is such a freaky thing to hear/not hear at night. His cute little nose is all red. SOOO cute. I thought that when little ones don't feel good, they get more snuggly. Sounds like he just keeps going...

Robyn said...

Poor little guy. Winter can really stink sometimes. I LOVE his cool bike and helmet. What a winner even when he's down.

chelle said...

Aww so sorry Carter is so darn sick!! It is so hard when little ones are sick. Hope he is feeling better soon!

carrie said...

i hope lil carter is much better very soon. i remember when i could hear kate struggling to breath over the monitor. i didn't get any sleep either! hang in there!

Mama D said...

Sick kids and the resulting lack of sleep are not fun to deal with. Hope Carter is doing better. That fall down the stairs created quite a bump on the nose!

(Shh! Don't tell Laura about the glue stick as chapstick. That is one thing she HASN'T tried!)