Thursday, February 14, 2008

A few crafts and a little love

These are the new birthday presents for my primary children. I bought lots of presents back in December and they turned out to be duds. After seeing these on sugardoodle and finding the vinyl lettering fairly inexpensive...my presidency and I are making these instead...hope the kiddies like them!


My big blank wall is blank no more!





I finished my first pieced quilt and actually (now that it's done) enjoyed it. This is a picture of my "meandering"...I had to get creative because my meandering apparently didn't look like meandering!





Thanks for all the sympathy I received on my last post about Carter being sick. He is better now. While he was in recovery though, I did find another remedy for him. Giving him one dorito at a time wasn't cutting it.





And here's the little love! I love sweet moments like this one...finding my two kids on the stairs and Olivia was reading him a book while he sat so content to listen.

9 comments:

Meadows Family said...

Carter eating chips...gosh that is just like Kaylie! She walks around with bags of chips all the time, she won't even let me put them in a bowl! Little stinker! Yep, we weren't trying, but some how succeeded...I am very excited, but I have a long way to go!!!

Robyn said...

Shayleen,

You are amazing. That quilt is amazing. Your meandering is so, so impressive. And the primary gifts are wonderful. What a great idea.

Your kiddies are so sweet. I loved the pic of them on the stairs. Darling.

Steve and Jamie said...

Wow, I didn't notice the meandering stitch when I saw the quilt today. It IS really amazing!

That's pretty much the way we do Doritos at our house too.

Our Sweet Life said...

I love the primary gifts - so smart to give the something the kids can actually keep and use. The quilt is amazing - I'm very impressed.

Amy J said...

You are so clever. I don't know how you found the time to quilt! I love those quiet moments the kids share together. SOOOO CUTE!

Lori said...

Those gifts are a great idea. Way to go on the quilts, that is impressive, I could never do that. The doritos bag looks almost as big as carter. That is a cute moment with the two of them.

Mama D said...

Your quilt is beautiful!! It turned out really well. What a sweet moment with your kids. I love those moments!

The gifts for the Primary kids are so cute! Are Katie and Laura still included in your list of kids, even though we're in the branch this year? And since I'm begging, I mean asking, Laura would love it in pink...

Thanks for sharing your creative genius!

HNM PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Share your secret of where you got the vinyl lettering....very cute idea! I love it!

Unknown said...

My little sister is so amazing! I could never find the time to do things like quilting when my kids were little. How did you learn to do that? Olivia and Carter are so dang cute. My overall favorite is the glue stick as "chapstick".