Friday, February 22, 2008

A day of play

Was Wednesday great for you? We sure enjoyed ourselves on Wednesday because here in Fairfield, Ohio, we got some good snow!!! We haven't been able to play in the snow for months and even though it was 23 degrees outside, we had fun. I never thought I would really enjoy shoveling the driveway, but I did. I would go out and do it again (it does need it), but instead of snowing outside today, it's raining.

Olivia was so exciting to make Frosty with her "Frosty kit" she got for Christmas. I was prepared to make her big one, but after trying and trying to get that snow to pack, I gave up and made a mountain-type Frosty.

Later in the day, after some hot-cocoa and thawing out, Aaron caught the kids playing doctor. Carter lays very still so that Olivia can hear his heart and then he gets a turn as Olivia plays the part of the patient.
Both received a clean bill of health!

12 comments:

Fordney said...

I love the Frosty. He is a weird midget type of snowman. Your kids seem to play together soooo well. I can only hope for something similar.
Also, I know your real age, but I won't tell Olivia if you won't tell me kids. I will eternally be in my "early twenties"

Cheril Lunt said...

Super Cute picture of Frosty...Thanks for all the updates.. I am finally back online and have updated some so check us out agian... thanks for the baby gift too. It got here safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

That's a great lookin snowman-so handsome and cute. I'm glad you guys got some good snow and could enjoy-its the best. We haven't gotten any here for awhile-its been melting. I'm afraid spring is coming already-yikes and yippee! Hey who knows what your kids will want to be-a baker? a dancer? or even a doctor now!!! Cute!

Love, Chelsea

chelle said...

How cute! I love your little snowman. Your such a good mom.
I let my kids go out by themselves finally for a little bit.
Although I probably would of loved to venture out just to be outside for a bit. but, with my luck lately..I'd end up falling and hurting something else. =\
What a blessing to have 2 docs in the house. Says on co-pays lol

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

I like the pictures shaylene, one of these days I'm going to make a snowman and take a picture of it for you. You would die if you saw how much snow I still have around my place. It's always fun with the kids I bed. I remember when I was younger and LOVED the snow. now it just means I have to leave for work earlier to get there on time. oh well. Tell Olivia and Carter hi for me and make sure to teach them how to throw snow balls. Call you soon, Love ya, Jennie

i'm erin. said...

That rocks! I didn't even know that they sold frosty kits...in fact, I have often wondered where people get all that cute stuff to put on large mounds of snow. Now I know!

Thanks.

Robyn said...

I love seeing your little guys play together. It just gets me excited for my own two to jump in the fray together. Such adorable pictures. Such cold weather! (Yikes!)

carrie said...

awwww...the memories you're making. sounds like a wonderful day! i want to be your kid!

Lori said...

I'm glad you got the snow you wanted. Good thing you have some doctors in the family in case anything happens.

Our Sweet Life said...

What a great way to make use of the short-lived Ohio snow. It looks like they had a great time - they are such adorable kids. The picture of them playing doctor is so cute (and priceless).

Cheril Lunt said...

Hey I love the new look how did you pull that off?

i'm erin. said...

hey, I love your new blog! it looks so springy! I am need of some good spring colors to waken me up. Beautiful!