Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I've got to get outta this house

I am ready for SPRING! Last week it hit me...I was feeling down...from all the winter weather and being inside so much. Aaron got home from work on Friday evening and I told him that we had to do something different tomorrow. (Aaron loves to stay home on Saturdays because he never gets to do that.) So, Saturday morning we took the kids to the Children's Museum for a few hours. They loved it.
This grocery store was one of Olivia's favorites last time we came (when Carter was a newborn). I think she has some new favorites though now.

Like dumping loads of (sponge) rocks into the dump truck.


And hammering nails into the building. I know, Olivia doesn't look too excited in this picture, but she played at this station the longest.

Carter enjoyed everything we did there. He loved seeing the big fish until Daddy teased that they might eat him (he wanted nothing to do with the fish after that). He was also caught being the "sand bully" at the sand box play area. He was the kid throwing sand all over this time.


Olivia loves to pretent we're having parties at our house. On Saturday night, she made flowers for "the party."


Olivia wanted to play doctor at her party and she was a bit confused when I told her to wear her new doctor's hat.

I guess we should have just had a Dr. Seuss birthday party.

9 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh Shayleen. I'm sorry you've been cooped up so much. I've felt cooped up and I'm in Georgia.

I'm glad you got out and enjoyed Saturday AWAY from home.

By the way, Olivia is adorable to think you're having parties. It makes me want to have one just 'cause!

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

I like the changes you have made to your blog recently.!! cute. I need to learn how to do it. Children's museums are fun huh? Did you have a good time there?

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

I have to make another comment. I closed my last comment and noticed the pictures of olivia that started the blog. The first one is right accross from her baby picture and she has very similar looks in both. I just thought that was funny. She is so adorable and cute!!!

Cassie Rakes said...

I've been feeling the same way, I'm glad you got out, and I am really glad the weather was nice on Monday, hope you got out and enjoyed yesterday as well. Pictures are great, I think we might need to take a trip sometime down there.

Pampered Princess said...

I love your pictures. I think the first on is my favorite! Your daughter is so pretty! I'm glad you had such a nice family outing.

chelle said...

I am soo with you Shayleen. I am tired of this cold, dark and dreary weather. I want to run free and not worry about frost bite or getting soaking wet!
Mr sun sun Mr golden sun..please shine down On meeee!! (us)
GLad you ot out on Sat. Looks like everyone had a great time! We love the museum. Haven't been down in over a year though. Maybe we will get a pass soon.

kbradley said...

I completely understand about the winter blues...I was so excited that Sunday was a warmer day we grilled and ate out on the deck. We don't normally do that on Sunday's, but I couldn't stay in on the first day it's warm in weeks. Also I went to a tanning bed yesterday to get some fake sun, I don't look any tanner I was just happy to bask in the warmth ...hurry up spring!

Lori said...

I totally know how you feel, that's how i feel too. Now you know why I am hating the snow right now. I love the children's museum. It looks like the kids did have lots of fun. PS I like the reunion evite. Are you guys going?

Anonymous said...

It looked like a blast! That's so cool you guys all got to go somewhere so fun so spend together as a family. Yeah, sometimes you just have to make a plan and do it! go somewhere! That's great. I've been wondering about you these past few days because it was looking like you got hit w/ snow again? is that true? Hopefully spring is coming fast for you too. My flowers are coming up fast and I can't believe it! The kids are so cute and so creative! Hope you get to have more fun times like that!

Love, Chelsea