Friday, May 30, 2008

Kris Kross Olivia


Olivia has been putting her pants on backwards a lot lately. But, the other day, when she got her whole outfit on backwards, I couldn't help but think of my favorite song back in 6th grade (you are probably listening to it right now).

======================================

Olivia has gotten into photography lately. She loves using the camera. I love that it's digital and I can delete when I feel like it. Anyhow, these are the pictures that are popping up on my camera almost every day now.





And occasionally I get a picture like this:

One happy girl (that has cut off half of her face) taking a picture of herself!

Olivia has started doing her own hair too...she can't figure out why I won't let her go running errands when she's done though. And boy, oh boy, is it fun to take out (NOT). And don't worry, she likes her curling irons cold.

=====================================

For Memorial Day we took the kids to view their first parade. It was fun...for about five minutes.


Daddy & his cheeseball.


12 comments:

Meadows Family said...

What a fun posting...I love Olivia's style, she sure has a style of her own :) I wish we had a parade going on in our area (we probably did, but didn't know about it). Your kids look very cute & festive :)

Mama D said...

Olivia sure knows what she wants! What a cutie!

I get a lot of pictures like that... I have quite a few young photographers in my house! Deleting is good. Although this sure is a good method for teaching them how to focus and center a picture!

chelle said...

what great pics. Jump JUMP the mac daddy will make ya...uh huh huh ...brings back greatmemories lol

Kate said...

Ha ha..."fun for...5 minutes"..classic, and so true!

Bobbi said...

I can't get over how cute your kids are. Seriously, they are adorable!! How fun!

Cassie Rakes said...

Olivia and Hallie need to start up band, and get the fad started again.
I didn't realize how blue her eyes are, beautiful.

J-ME said...

Your kids are so cute. I love the Kriss Kross flashback. It does remind me of when we were in 6th grade at Valley View. Good Times!

Lori said...

sorry, i have been lacking on checking blogs lately. Anyways, I love Carter's muscle shirt and Olivia is so cute with her funny personality.

Robyn said...

Oh man, what a great post!

I especially like Olivia's new interests. How amazing to see her growing up!

And aren't a lot of things with little guys only fun for the first five minutes?

Vicki Lunt said...

I LOVE Carter's muscle shirt! So manly. He is so darn cute. How can he possibly be driving you crazy, Shayleen??? hehehe!

Olivia's got quite her own look doesn't she? She got it "goin' on!" I just wondered if there's a zipper in those shorts (if it made things difficult in the bathroom)?

Hey, when Carter rings the doorbell does he climb up on the "milkbox"? That's what Aaron used to do when he was a little boy and he'd go to his friend Cade's house to see if he wanted to play. He wasn't tall enough back then to reach the doorbell without climbing up on something. And, since I'm now older than dirt (!), we actually had a milk man back then that brough us dairy products a couple times a week (thus the milk box) on the front porch! Oh the memories it brings back. :-)

Miss you, Aaron and my darling little g'kids.

Love,

Vicki/Grammy/Mom

Anonymous said...

That Olivia is so cute and amazing! I love her style too, and wow, such indepedence! I remember wanting to do my own hair too so young. Thank goodness for digital cameras for sure. That is pretty cool though. I think your kids look so festive and super cute too for Memorial Day. I'm glad you had a bit of fun too! So sweet!

Amy J said...

your family is so dang cute. I love the pictures olivia takes. kelton is still doing that. lol