Tuesday, May 13, 2008

They are always watching

It's always interesting to see just how your children try to emulate everything you do.

Carter and Olivia giving each other haircuts. I had to give Olivia a long explanation on why she couldn't really use the clippers. (Carter was actually enjoying this...just making a silly face for the shot.)



After Carter observed Olivia cutting out pictures for awhile, he tried long and hard to do the same thing himself.

I know he's concentrating really hard when he doesn't even react to me taking a pictures of him. (Aaron - don't get mad about him wearing Olivia's gym shoes...it's a constant battle at our house.)


Carter loves his Daddy! He wants to be just like him! Carter has seen Aaron with a towel around his waist several times after getting out of the shower. One morning last week, he took off his shirt and then brought me a towel to put around his waist. He was grinning ear to ear when I asked him if he was trying to be like Daddy. (The red stuff by his nose is from a fall on the driveway.)


I'm still learning a lot about my yard. I learned about a month ago that I have four dwarf lilac bushes. They have bloomed in the past week and it smells so good everytime I open my back door!

5 comments:

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

CUTE. Is Carter wearing the shoes on the wrong feet? Oh, your kids are great. You know they have great parents because they seem like REAL kids, you know, like us when we were growing up.

Mama D said...

Cute kids! They surely do try to emulate what they see. I love Carter's towel around the waist, trying to be like Daddy. And your lilacs are beautiful! I love the smell of lilacs.

Cassie Rakes said...

I hear ya on the emulating thing, it's so cute, most of the time. I love the towel story. And you gotta love the shoe thing, he'll regret that later.

Anonymous said...

Funny and super cute! I guess you better hide the scissors or something. Its just continually amazing what kids pick up on. I love the shoes too-that is really cute. Don't worry about that at all. We all wore crazy stuff. OH and I LOVE, LOVE your lilac bushes!!! Those are one of my favorites! I can't get over the smell and colors either. Yummmy and lucky!!!!

Love, Chelsea

Lori said...

Carter is too funny. I absolutely love the towel picture. I can't wait for those cute moments.