Saturday, July 05, 2008

"POW!"

Wondering what a camper top has to do with our Independence Day? No, we definitely didn't go camping again. Carter is still banned from going camping! I'll get to this adventure later...
**************************************************


My All-American Girl!


My All-American Boy!


Olivia was so excited that Connor was at the party we attended. I was happy to hear that Connor likes fireworks, because Connor liking fireworks equals Olivia liking fireworks...a first for Olivia!


Carter has no fear! He yelled, "POW" all night with nearly every firework that exploded.


We visited the Bradley's on the 4th of July. Olivia loves their Guitar Hero...she actually understood how she was supposed to play this time.




Aaron still had to concentrate really hard even though he had a really big helper. (HA! Actually Aaron was told to give me a "sexy face" and this is what I got.)


Olivia saw her friend do sparklers on the 3rd of July and so she was ready to give it a try on the 4th. (I guess she had to sleep on that decision or something.) She loved it!


And once again, Carter has no fear.

******************************************************

Back to the camper top now:

Apparently someone decided they no longer needed a camper top and so they let it fly on I-75. We were the first ones to "find" it. "POW!" We feel so lucky though. Aaron kept the car straight (didn't swerve, which could have been really bad!), no injuries, and I forgot to cancel our comprehensive insurance on the van when we paid it off a few months ago. How lucky can we get?! Carter actually slept through it all...the hit, the scream (by me) and the police report. We just hope that all continues to go this smoothly with insurance covering a rental car (can I really handle being stuck at home for the duration of fixing the van?) and all the other related costs of fixing our van!!!

Thanks for all of those that helped us out with rides and such these past few days!

Also, I really wanted to have this song playing, but it wasn't on playlist...so I chose 2nd best.

15 comments:

kbradley said...

I told you that you should have left earlier... ;)

Mama D said...

Looks like fun - except for the front of your van. What happened? Ouch... Did someone enjoy their holiday celebration a little too much?!

Launa said...

Oh my word I am so glad everyone is okay. I hope it is not a big hassle getting it fixed.

Corrie- said...

Oh Shayleen, that is so terrible about your van! I can help out with rides or errands, just let me know. I'm so glad everyone was ok!

Kayla said...

Wow! I'm glad you were all safe too. That would scare me really badly.

So I thought the hating pictures was a Mark Lunt family trait...Does Aaron get mean about it? Dustin and Jake do (usually).

Cheril Lunt said...

Oh my... I love that dress Olivia is wearing.. did you make it?

Lori said...

wow, you are lucky. I never get lucky in my accidents. 4th of July looked fun besides the accident. Your kids are so cute. Guitar hero fans already, that was quick.

Patty said...

Sounds like you had a great 4th.. up until the run-in with the camper shell! I'm so glad to hear that you "forgot" to cancel the comprehensive!! I hope things go smoothly with the insurance and repairs.

Sarah said...

Holy moly, you said the van was a little "dinged up" I think?? Not quite a little...if you ask me.

I'm glad Connor could help Olivia through the fireworks thing! She was glad her friend was there too.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that Aaron will find a use for the GA Tech-colored top. He probably hit it so that he could claim it for himself before anyone else could get it. Mark my words there will be a picture of a red van with a golden upstairs compartment welded to the top of it in future posts.

chelle said...

OH MY GOODNESS Shayleen. I guess I should of read your blog after your comment in email abotu your van. DUH!! I am so sorry this happened. I am glad everyone is ok.

Gabe & Hannah said...

That is crazy...I'm glad no one got hurt!

Fordney said...

Yikes- that sucks. Blake was hit this winter by a flying block of ice from a semi- awesome...
Your kids get cuter every day. I also love Aaron's sexy face. :)

Our Sweet Life said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad that no one was hurt. And what luck that you didn't cancel the comprhensive insurance.
Your kids look so cute in their
4th of July outfits.

Vicki Lunt said...

I am so thankful you are all okay after the "accident." Man so many things could have went so much MORE wrong than they did (not having insurance, injuries...).

Looks like you had a fun 4th of July though! Wish we could have been there with you. Maybe one of these days!!! ??

Kiss our babies for us and tell them Grammy and Papa love them very much--K?

Love,

Vicki/Mom/Grammy