Friday, August 15, 2008

Aaron's Final Birthday (for now)

Aaron had his final birthday on Sunday. He told us several times throughout the day that he wasn't going to have any more. Maybe he'll just now have anniversary's of this birthday? Who knows?
Aaron didn't get any presents on his actual birthday. He pretty much got them the week before.
Aaron has been wanting a miter saw for awhile now. He couldn't pass it up when we were out shopping the week before his birthday and he found one clearance for a decent price.

After we got home, he'd taken his new toy out of the box, got it set up and powered it up, Aaron hopped in his truck and headed back to Home Depot for some wood. Because he needed to make something.

Happy Birthday to...Aaron? Aaron made me a shelf above my washer and dryer! And now he's working on a shelf where I can easily rotate my canned food storage. I'll show pics of that when it's a finished product!

So, Aaron got a birthday present and I'm the real beneficiary! (I did clean up all the saw dust though ;)


My kids love glitter and so Daddy got some of that for his birthday too!

We love you bunches Aaron!!! And next year we'll have a Mexican themed fiesta since it'll be the first anniversary of your 29th birthday!

**In case you aren't following, here is the memorable dialog:

Carla: Fine, you can't live with Elliot, but you're not living with us so get your crap out by Friday.

J.D.: Friday? Friday's my birthday. I've already e-vited everyone to a party at our place.

Carla: Whose place?

J.D.: Your place. Look I can't just un-e-vite everyone. I've got two e-yeses and 24 e-maybes. That's a lot of e-sponses.

Carla: Bambi, I'm gonna put my e-foot up your....

J.D.: It's a Mexican themed fiesta on the first anniversary of my 29th birthday. That means I'm turning thirty. Donde? 56 Walnut Drive. Cuando? Thank you for asking, ocho-thirty until upside down question mark. Sombreros at the door. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooh!

Turk: I'll be there.

J.D.: Gracias, amigo.

[to Carla] J.D.: I borrowed one of your dictionaries.

11 comments:

cathy said...

Happy Birthday Aaron!

i'm erin. said...

That is an awesome gift! My hubby loves tools too, but now that he gets a lot done around the house, i love his tools too. that is a great shelf. Happy birthday!

Patty said...

Sorry I haven't been commenting lately... I love all the pics you've been putting on your blog lately! Looks like Carter and Aaron both had great birthdays! And I think you might have a couple serious contenders for the Olympics in a year or two! How fun!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't know that him and tyson were so close in age. Looks like a great b-day gift. I like the gifts that benefit us both.

kbradley said...

Happy Birthday Aaron! Ken wants you to know that there is nothing wrong with turning 30 if you don't mind the sudden loss of reflexes, loss of hearing and the weight gain. :)
Thanks for making me laugh with the Scrub dialoge. That is my all time favorite episode.

Kayla said...

Is the picture of him holding the drill supposed to be covering his face? What a Lunt.

Happy Birthday, Aaron!

And that comic at the bottom is funny.

Steph and KO said...

Excellent job, Aaron! We could use your handy work around here! Happy birthday and just stay 29, it's more fun that way. You lucked out Shayleen. I need the same shelf over my laundry area. I'll have to start hinting to Karl :)

Bobbi said...

I seriously need to start watching Scrubs....

Amy J said...

like shad used to say (oh so many years ago), might as well be 30, nobody will believe you when you say 29.
happy birthday aaron!

Unknown said...

Shayleen
It has been a while since I looked at your blog. You are such a funny narrator and the kids are so dang cute. I laughed out loud several times. Max loved looking at the "Olympic Pictures". Happy Birthday to Aaron and Carter. What cute guys (in their shades together). Can't wait to see you in October. Maybe I'll have you help me set up a blog. Yours is truly my inspiration!

Love,
Shonte

Paula said...

Logan and I love Scrubs and I was laughing out loud during this entire post. Good times.