Monday, September 01, 2008

Celebrating 3 years of blogging!

Three years have come and gone here at luntfamily.blogspot.com. What a fun three years this has been! I first started to blog because all my Georgia girlfriends were doing it and I needed a better way of keeping my family in Utah up to date. Blogging has now become my journal and scrapbook too! (Well, I do actually journal more private things occasionally.) This is also my 148th post! I think;)

We've been busy this past week. Our home hasn't seen any guests since last August and so it was fun to have a few different visitors this week. Here's all the pictures to catch you up!


Carter got this shirt and tie for his birthday last month and he LOVES to wear his tie and look just like Daddy. He has to point it out to Aaron several times every time he wears it! Funny though that after he got his tie on, he wanted a belt like Daddy's too...thank goodness I found one today (he needs it to hold up his new pants anyway :).




Our first visitors last week - Robyn Hutchison and fam'! Robyn is one of my best girlfriends that I know from Georgia. Her family was moving to Chicago and so they made a stop at our house. When they arrived last Sunday night, our power was out, but it didn't seem to bother anyone. Jacob and Nicholas (her two boys) are so much fun and very well behaved!




Our first guests of the year - Robyn, Nicholas, Jacob and Jan (Robyn's MIL).




After Robyn left, I was getting ready to go out of town and Olivia was really needing to burn some energy off. Luckily she loves doing workout videos. Ahh, Tae'bo...so reminds me of college.




Our second guests were Kirk and Vicki (Aaron's parents). Olivia and Carter were so excited.



The day after Kirk and Vicki arrived, we packed the van up for a trip to see a few church historical sights. Aaron got a few new toys for the trip...a GPS (awesome! I recommend one of these to anyone and everyone) and a luggage topper for the van.


Olivia having her first continental breakfast of the trip. Good thing they are very similar to breakfast at home!





Kirtland, Ohio
(the weather was sooo great the whole trip)



Inside the School of the Prophets above the Newel K. Whitney store.


We also went to see the Kirtland Temple, but Carter was already spent. So, I left the tour and hung outside with Carter. We threw rocks and jumped off steps...fun, fun!




Oh, Carter also rolled around on the bricks. Talk about over-tired (nap-time)!


The next day we visited church historical sights in Palmyra, New York. Here's inside the Smith Cabin.


A favorite spot...the Sacred Grove.

Ha! I had to slip this picture in...Aaron and I first visited the Grove over five years ago.


Carter and Olivia loved the Sacred Grove too (the "Secret Grove" according to Olivia).



After coming out of the Sacred Grove and washing all the mud off of us, Olivia found a frog and was, once again, smitten!



She promised to take good care of it if she could bring it in the van with her. Sorry! Not happening.


Oh I came so close to buying this bonnet for Olivia!




Olivia in the Visitor's Center at Hill Cumorah.





Olivia snapped this picture of Aaron and myself on top of the Hill Cumorah.




Carter and Olivia watched a lot of movies on that long drive.


Carter wouldn't keep the head phones on for more than ten minutes, so would then watch the movies in silence...crazy kid.



I'm so glad that Olivia is such a good traveler!





Carter did pretty good, but by Saturday, he could have used a few more of these....zzzzz's!




Carter was so happy to get back to his big boy bed!


Thank you to our visitors...you made for a fun week! Come back soon!

17 comments:

The Wacky Wilkins said...

What a FUN trip . . . for you and the kids!! I'm amazed that they did so well in the car!!! I'm jealous that you live close enough to drive and not take 3 weeks :)

Cassie Rakes said...

How fun, I love the mid air picture you caught. Man, aren't boys the funnest sometimes, jumping of stairs of concrete. . .Yikes. Olivia sure is cute, I still can't believe she likes the stuff so much.

Oh and I can't believe I almost got to give the first comment;) I'll take second I guess.

Vicki Lunt said...

Wow! Can't believe we're homw and now "WE are the post" of your blog. ha! Seems like a dream. We really enjoyed our trip with you, Aaron, Olivia and Carter.

Thanks for making our trip so enjoyable! Shaylene, you can be the tour guide next time since you've now seen these sites three times--huh????

Love,

Vicki/Mom/Grammy

Amy J said...

i LOVE the pictures! what a fun trip. you look so beautiful. i love the picture of Olivia and Carter in the "secret grove". can't wait to see younext month!

Katie Meadows said...

Your hair looks so cute, I am so tempted to cut my short like that. Looks like you guys had a fun trip. We are hoping to head in that direction to see church sites in the next couple of years.

cathy said...

Your hair looks great Shaylene. Your kids are beautiful-I can't believe you didn't give me a call-do you know how close you came to my house-we're 2 hours from Kirkland and just a little more from Palmyra!!! Next time give us a call!!!

Brittanie said...

WOW what a fun trip! I have always wanted to see those places.

Can't believe you've been blogging for 3 years. Do you turn them into books? I want to learn how to do that.

Cheril Lunt said...

Wow so many pictures of Kirk I hope that he dosent' see... I wonder how you managed that... ha
love ya lots

Kayla said...

Olivia is a good photographer! It's nice to see some pictures of you, too. I haven't seen very many so I didn't really know what you looked like!

The kids are so cute. How nice that they were good travelers. Looks like a fun trip. I hope to see those places someday too.

Lori said...

Yay, visitors. I love visitors. That is the great thing about living out there, you are close to all those sites. Carter's church outfit pic is to die for and your kids are just so cute and seem the best of friends.

Mama D said...

What a fun trip! You captured some great photos to go along with the great memories you will have!

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

What a fun post and what fun visitors! I really love your hair cut right now. It's so flattering to your face and just looks awesome. Good times with the Lunt fam!

Patty said...

What great pics! You guys could easily be on the front of a travel brochure! Looks like a fabulous trip!

J-ME said...

So fun to have visitors! It looks like you guys had a great time! I love the picture of Olivia doing the Tae'BO. That made me laugh!

Leslie said...

What a great trip! I love those sites. Your five-year old picture threw me off. I wondered how on earth your hair grew so fast!

Robyn said...

We had so much fun Shayleen. You were a good sport to have us. I loved your house and had fun coveting your amazing food storage room (with actual food in it!) and your prolific garden. You guys are amazing. Thanks again!

Your trip looks like lost of fun. The "secret grove" is priceless.

Becca said...

Your children are SOO beautiful! Not that I'm surprised, considering who their parents are! I especially love the picture of Olivia in her carseat and Carter in his blue shirt with rolled up sleeves. SOO adorable!! I bet you can't get enough of them!