Saturday, November 01, 2008

We're off to see the Wizard!

What a great month October was. We not only got to visit family for half of it, we had lots of fun upon returning to our home in Ohio.

A few weeks back we went to a local farm. What a gorgeous day it turned out to be!


They had a fun little corn maze that Olivia loved telling us which direction to go in...don't think she could have ever gotten us out on her own though.



This farm also had lots of fun animals to check out.



Can hardly belive that Carter stood still by himself for a picture.




Oh the lovely moments when Carter and Olivia can sit this close together and get along at the same time.



When it came time to carve the pumpkin that we got at the farm (Aaron picked out a 27 pounder), Carter wanted nothing to do with the goopy inside of it.



Olivia has grown to love it though. She even planted the seeds in our backyard. I wasn't there to help and so she planted them in the middle of our backyard where the lawn is a bit scarce. Should I be surprised if they really grow next year?



Carter was really only interested in carving a pumpkin and since the carving knives really aren't too sharp, we let him have at his own pumpkin (yes, he had painted it before hand).



Aaron working his pumpkin carving skills.

AAAANNNNDDDD, We're off to see the Wizard. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz!
I feel so bad...no picture of Olivia's ruby red slippers that polished off her costume. They were down there, promise.


Carter as the Cowardly Lion and Olivia as Dorothy.
I know, I know, what kind of a pathetic Lion costume is that? Right?
Well...I nearly went over the moon to find Carter a Lion costume that he would wear (because he really was SO excited to be a Lion), but at last, Carter was a lion on his own terms. His pathetic whiskers were even drawn while holding his squirmy body down.


And in the end, his ears couldn't even hold up a little foam crown. At least he was a happy lion.

16 comments:

cathy said...

Cute! I love all the costumes

Steph and KO said...

I have wanted to do the wizard of oz theme for a while now. Carson just won't cooperate...Spiderman, Batman, and ninja's are too cool. We saw sooo many Dorothy's this year, so good choice. Did Aaron dress up? The wizard, perhaps? Cute pics! Miss you guys!

Mama D said...

Great pictures. What fun you guys have had!

Kayla said...

Your costumes are great! I love it. I wish Jake liked Halloween...I'd love to do a Wizard of Oz thing sometime.

Sylvia said...

What cute, cute kids!! They're both darling.

Launa said...

cute costumes Shayleen!
What a fun halloween. Olivia you made a cute Dorthy. Hope my little lion was happy.

Gabe & Hannah said...

Such a cute family- looks like y'all had a ball...the kids look so cute!

Lori said...

That farm looks fun. I love everyone's costumes. So cute.

Amy J said...

love your green face. olivia is always so absolutely adorable! oh and carter...what a man.

martha corinna said...

So cute!
Lulu and I were Dorothy too. Abram was the lion. I don't really know what Norah was.
Your family is really adorable Shayleen.

Brittanie said...

I love it when families dress up as a theme! Wizard of Oz is a good one.
You did a great job, LOVE the green face.

HNM PHOTOGRAPHY said...

those are some awesome pumpkins!

Michelle, Cory, Dominik, Cade, Damian and Anielle said...

K- How cute is your family!!! I love that you dressed up for Halloween also. That's so fun. I'm so sorry that we missed seeing you when you came to Utah. Things were really crazy around here and haven't yet quite settled down. Let us know the next time your coming out. We'd love to get together.

Cassie Rakes said...

Hey, I think you might have a pumpkin next year. We found one in Jeremie's parents garden- I guess from a pumpkin last year, because there was no planting this year. You'll have to tell us all if it grows or not. . .well at least me. Those were some great costumes though, Kennie feels Carters pain, he had to be Dopey and wanted nothing to do with it until he realized he got candy for looking like a dork, Oh I mean a dwarf.

Our Sweet Life said...

Great costumes! Great minds think alike - Abby was the cowardly lion and Lizzy was Dorothy. You guys all look great in your costumes, and those pumpkins are amazing!!

chelle said...

UGH I have a lion costume that would of probably fit Carter..I am a couple months late. Sorry I didn't know you needed one! =\